UNIVERSITY WEB STANDARDS
The goal of University Web standards is to create a coherent and consistent online presence for the University. It has been designed to set clear standards that will give the campus-wide Web presence strength, continuity and a framework for growth. By following University Web standards, all campus departments and units, regardless of size, will contribute to this end.
- The online version of this document is the official University Web standard.
- A department, school, program, or administrative entity may allow the development of additional Web standards requirements, as long as they do not conflict with University Web standards.
- University Web standards supersede any units' internal standards.
- Identity: University branding allows visitors to recognize immediately a Web page's affiliation with CSU Dominguez Hills.
- Usability: Sites must be made as usable (that is, quick and easy to use, navigate, and understand) as possible for the widest audience.
- Consistency: This standard promotes consistency. Consistency simplifies navigation of pages for end users. CSU Dominguez Hills is committed to maintaining a high level of consistency across web pages in different areas of the University's website.
- Accuracy: Pages must be accurate and up-to-date.
- Accessibility: Pages must conform to Section 508 federal law and the Chancellor's Office Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI).