CM1 USER TRAINING
CM1 by Percussion Software is the Web Content Management System (WCMS) used to edit and manage CSUDH campus websites.
To meet user time constraints while offering a variety of training options, CM1 training has been broken down into parts. To gain access to the CM1 portal, users must complete Part 1 of CM1 training.
Understanding Training Part 1, Part 2, and CM1 Refresher
- Part 1 (Accessibility, Copyright, and the Web) is a self-paced, online course. Users will learn about web accessibility, university web standards, and copyright rules.
- Enrollment is on-going throughout the year and is available by request.
- Participants must complete Part 1 successfully with a score of 80% or higher to be eligible to enroll in the CM1 course Part 2. Please plan accordingly.
- Part 2 (Editing and Publishing) is a hands-on training course that may be taken in an online or face-2-face environment. Users will be introduced to the web-based software and learn how to add content and publish web pages.
- CM1 Refresher is a self-paced, online course that offers a review for those who have already participated in Part 1 and 2 training, but may be in need of a refresher.
- Enrollment is by RSVP only and is on-going for those who have already completed training.
All training is in WH A-142 or unless otherwise noted in the I T Training calendar. Links to online courses will be provided at enrollment.
How to Sign up for Training
Training is by RSVP only.
1. Please visit the I T Training calendar and select a training date. (Reminder: Open Lab sessions are a great opportunity to come in for help or to take the CM1 Refresher course.)
2. Please RSVP to Cara Furman (firstname.lastname@example.org) in an email and include:
a) Requested Training date
b) Your username/campus ID (needed for login access)
c) Department name
d) URL of websites you will manage
e) Your CM1 Role (Contributor or Editor)
- Contributors – create draft and update content
- Editors – contributor rights plus publish, approve, and archive contents/pages
Please print a copy of the CM1 End-User Training Manual and bring it with you to the training session.CM1 End-User Training Manual can be downloaded here
[Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free here]
For CM1 step-by-step guides, please visit CM1 Support page.