What is Upward Bound?
The Upward Bound Program at CSU Dominguez Hills is a college preparatory program that assists 125 eligible high school students in graduating from high school, entering college, and successfully earning a college degree. UB is funded by the United States Department of Education and is specifically designed for low-income and/or first generation students.
- Improve the academic skills of our students.
- Empower students to have high goals and aspirations.
- Expose students to postsecondary education.
- Motivate students to graduate from high school and enroll in an institution of higher education.
- Develop students personal and cultural awareness and development.
- To assist and encourage first generation and low income students to become interested and successful in high school in order to pursue a college education.
- To provide a college-going atmosphere for students.
- Academic Advising
- Monitoring of academic progress
- Career and college exploration
- SAT/CAHSEE Preparation
- College Campus Tours
- Saturday Sessions
- Summer Program
- Cultural Field Trips
- Scholarship search assistance & assistance with financial aid application
If you have any questions about the program, just contact us. We're here to help.