Student Job Opportunities
The Toro Learning Center accepts job applications year around and fills positions as they become available. If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please download, read, complete, and submit a center job application to become an Instructional Student Assistant: Writing/Math Tutor.
All Applicants must:
- Be a CSUDH student taking at least 6 units of CSUDH classes during employment
- Be able to commit to a set schedule for the entire semester
- Have strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Have a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Be able to tutor upper division writing or math in addition to specific subjects
- Submit a complete job application which includes the following documents.
- A letter of interest
- An unofficial copy of your current CSUDH transcriptsand/or transcripts from your previous institutions
- An academic writing sample (Writing Tutor Applicants only: Please submit a copy; samples will not be returned.)
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors (preferably CSUDH faculty) who can comment on your writing skills and academic performance