Welcome to the Testing Office website. The Testing Office offers proctoring services and is responsible for the administration of exams such as the Graduate Writing Exam (GWE), English Placement Test (EPT), Entry Level Math (ELM) Exam, Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), and GRE Subject exams.
Graduation Writing Exam (GWE)
On Test Day
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Small College Complex Courtyard
Registration is REQUIRED.
$35 fee due at registration.
Admission ticket & valid photo ID required to test.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Registration is online only at the GWE Marketplace.
Friday, February 13, 2015
Registration will close at 4pm.
Friday, February 13, 2015 6pm to 8pm
Saturday, February 14, 2015 9am to 11am
Preparation Presentations are offered the weekend before the exam. Registration is required. Attendance is optional
|On the Day of the Test|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALL STUDENTS TESTING AT CSUDH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PARKING FEES. PARKING ON CAMPUS IS $5 FOR THE DAY.
November 15, 2014 GWE Results
Due to an issue with the database, score letters will not be received until the issue is resolved. GWE status of pass or fail is reflected in the academic requirements report in the student center of my.csudh.edu.
1) Log on to my.csudh.edu
2) Select “Student Services Center.”
3) Next to class schedule is a drop down menu, click on the menu and select “Academic Requirements.”
4) The Academic Requirements page will show students their degree progress.
5) Look for the heading “Overall Graduation Requirements- Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement.”
6) If the box is green, congratulations on passing the GWE with an 8 or higher. If the box is red, a non-passing score of 6 or lower was received. If this was the student’s second attempt at the GWE, they will have to complete English 350.
7) Students who did not pass may request an advisement of their essay with the GWAR director by completing an Essay Advisement form. Essay Advisement forms are available at the Testing Office Front Desk or by email, (email@example.com).
The Testing Office is located in Welch Hall A-210.