- www.B4UDRINK.ORG - The B4UDrink Educator is an interactive program which educates the user about how alcohol consumption affects an individual's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level. The program allows users to project their BAC level based on gender, weight, the type and number of drinks consumed, and time elapsed at the safe "Virtual Bar."
- Alcohol 101 Plus: Visit this web site to take a virtual campus tour and learn more about alcohol as it relates to a college campus.
- U.S. Department of Education Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- The BACCHUS & Gamma Peer Education Network
Off Campus Resources
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence South Bay: (310) 328-1460
- AA South Bay Central Office: (310) 618-1180
Alcohol Awareness Coordinating Team (AACT)
In 2001, the California State University system instituted an alcohol policy which required each campus to develop an on-going alcohol awareness campaign. Alcohol Awareness Coordinating Team (AACT) was established as a part of the CSU Alcohol Usage Policy. The committee is made up of a cross section of representatives from across campus including: Housing, University Police, Office of Student Life, Health and Psychological Services, Athletics, faculty and students.
Mission: ACCT strives to elevate a level of awareness of the campus community regarding alcohol and drug related issues (health, psychological, social, personal and professional) in order to reduce substance abuse.
Activities conducted by AACT
- Information tables
- Speaker participation in health fair
- Presentations to University 101
- Classroom presentations
- Special programs
- Website resources
As an educational project, AACT developed two videos using CSUDH students. Questions were asked of the students as to what facts and opinions they had about drinking.
Watch AACT Videos on Alcohol Awareness
If you are interested in assisting with the efforts of AACT please contact Sonja G. Daniels, Ed.D., Associate Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students. Phone: (310) 243-3784. Email: email@example.com