- RN licensure prerequisite.
- Completion of 120 semester units (students admitted Fall '95 or later), with the required 2.0 GPA.
- Completion of the General Education program* (48 semester units) as specified by the Board of Trustees in Title 5 of the Administrative Code, Sections 40405 through 40405.4.
- Satisfaction of the American Institutions requirement in U.S. Constitution, State and Local Government.
- Satisfaction of Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) by exam or course.
- Satisfaction of the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) requirement or exemption and English Placement test or exemption.
- Complete the residence requirement of 30 semester units earned through CSUDH while an admitted SON student. Residence units refer to those units earned at CSUDH while an officially admitted student in a degree program. Residence requirements for a bachelor's degree include a minimum of 30 semester units in residence of which 24 units must be in upper division courses and 18 units must be earned in the major.
* After your first semester at CSUDH, you can follow your academic requirement progress through MyCSUDH.
How to apply for graduation
All degree candidates must file a Graduation Application with the Office of Admissions and Records.
Students will receive a degree check from Admissions and Records, which will indicate any remaining academic work and grade point deficiencies which must be resolved before approval of graduation is granted. All coursework must be completed by the end of the term of anticipated graduation. If you are attending a community college, and their term ends at a later date, you must apply for graduation for the following term.
Contact the CHHSN Student Services Center at least 1 month prior to the Graduation Application deadline to initiate the required graduation application paperwork. Change of Program forms are available on our forms page.
Pay the graduation fee through ToroPay