- RN licensure prerequisite.
- Completion of 120 semester units (students admitted Fall '95 or later), with the required 2.0 GPA.
- Completion of the General Education program* (48 semester units) as specified by the Board of Trustees in Title 5 of the Administrative Code, Sections 40405 through 40405.4.
- Satisfaction of the American Institutions requirement in U.S. Constitution, State and Local Government.
- Satisfaction of Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) by exam or course.
- Satisfaction of the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) requirement or exemption and English Placement test or exemption.
- Complete the residence requirement of 30 semester units earned through CSUDH while an admitted SON student. Residence units refer to those units earned at CSUDH while an officially admitted student in a degree program. Residence requirements for a bachelor's degree include a minimum of 30 semester units in residence of which 24 units must be in upper division courses and 18 units must be earned in the major.
* After your first semester at CSUDH, you can follow your academic requirement progress through MyCSUDH.
How to apply for graduation
All degree candidates must file a Graduation Application with the Office of Admissions and Records. This can be done via your MyCSUDH account. For further information please visit the Graduation Application Procedure page or the Graduation Application FAQ.
If you need to change your graduation term after having applied for graduation, please fill out the Change of Graduation date form and pay the $10 fee. You may obtain the form in our School of Nursing Forms and Clinical Handbooks page.