As a result of the Department of Education regulations for higher education and state education laws, the School of Nursing cannot deliver online education in all states. If you are an out-of-state resident or anticipate a move during your academic program, please contact the School of Nursing prior to submitting an application to discuss your situation.
[Download Adobe Reader here]
Registered Nurses with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree program with a NLNAC- or CCNE- accredited upper division major in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent as determined by the SON Student Affairs Committee.
- Overall grade point average of 3.0 (on a four-point scale) or higher in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of upper division course work attempted. Students not meeting this grade point average requirement may be admitted to Conditionally Classified status on the recommendation of the faculty.
- Registered nurse licensure in the United States, unencumbered, unrestricted, with no disciplinary action pending or imposed.
- Completion of the following prerequisites:
- Statistics - including probability and inferential
- Research - introductory course or equivalent
- Health Assessment - basic course, including a skills lab.
- A 100-200 word statement describing the congruence of the applicant's educational goals with the resources of the CSUDH School of Nursing MSN Program.
- Submission of a professional resume.
- FNP students are admitted on a conditional basis, pending completion of MSN 526, 527, 528 and 530 and a professional portfolio. See additional eligibility criteria listed on the FNP Handbook [PDF].
- Residence in a state in which the School of Nursing at California State University, Dominguez Hills is permitted to deliver online education.
If the Baccalaureate degree was completed outside of the United States, it must be evaluated by an outside agency for equivalency to a Baccalaureate degree in the US and for the conversion of your Grade Point Average (GPA) to a 4.0 scale. Evaluation Services are listed at Admissions and Records.
Application Information & Time Frame
Applications are submitted via CSUmentor.edu during the time frames provided below. Once you have submitted your application to the University, please submit transcripts to Admissions and Records; and your resume and statement to the School of Nursing.
|Semester||Application Opens||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Spring 2017||August 1, 2016||November 1, 2016||November 15, 2016|
|Fall 2017||October 1, 2016||TBA||TBA|
Registered Nurses with a Non-Nursing Bachelor degree
Registered nurses who have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in another field may be eligible for our MSN Pathway Program upon completion of designated BSN courses. Prospective MSN Pathway students must participate in a workshop to have transcripts evaluated.