Currently, the Masters Entry Program (MEPN) is not accepting applications.
All of the other MSN role options remain open and students continue to enroll in the CNS, FNP, Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator programs each semester.
Please check this page periodically for any additional updates about the Masters Entry Program
If you wish to be considered for admission, you must attend a workshop. I would like to invite you to a special workshop which will provide an opportunity for you to learn more about the program and help you with the admission process. The CSU Dominguez Hills School of Nursing MEPN Workshop is designed specifically for potential applicants who are interested in becoming registered nurses. The purpose of the MEPN Workshop is to:
- Give a detailed description of the Master’s Entry-level Professional Nursing Program with the Clinical Nurse Leader role option.
- Describe the components of the admission process: the application, transcript evaluation, creation of a professional portfolio, faculty/student interview, and orientation program for admission.
- Evaluate each potential applicant’s academic transcripts to determine initial eligibility for admission to the MEPN Program.
- Engage in interactive discussion with the faculty and other potential applicants.
- Discuss next steps for formal admission and matriculation into the MEPN program.
The workshop is geared towards prospective applicants who are ready or near ready to apply to the MEPN program for the following fall semester. Workshop attendees will have 30 days from the date of the workshop to submit an admissions portfolio. If you are missing several prerequisite courses, it would benefit you to wait until the following recruitment period. If you attend a workshop but are unable to submit a portfolio after 30 days, you must attend another workshop at a future date.
In addition, though we will consider some applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 if they have strong portfolios otherwise, applicants with a GPA of 2.7 or below are generally not considered for admissions.
“During the academic year 2014 the MEPN program will be under review. We will not be accepting applications until further notice. Please check the website periodically for any additional updates.”
The fee for the workshop is $50.00which covers transcript review, materials, and refreshments. Please complete the registration form and send it with ALL of your official transcriptsand your checkpayable to CSUDH to the attention of
MEPN Workshop at:
CSU Dominguez Hills
School of Nursing
1000 E. Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747
** Only complete applications will be accepted**
If you have questions about the workshop you may contact Ms. Cristina Prado at (800) 344-5484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.