The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide adult learners with the knowledge, skills and values to improve nursing and health care for populations of unprecedented diversity in the community. The faculty achieves this mission by offering a quality nursing education that prepares learners to be competent providers of nursing care and leaders in the profession. Guiding principles are respect for each learner's uniqueness, the ethic of caring, collaborative partnerships with the community, and health as a fundamental right for all. The nursing programs are characterized by accessibility, flexibility, currency, and innovative instructional delivery using distance education methods and informational technology. The School’s mission reflects the mission and goals of the College of Health, Human Services, and Nursing and the California State University, Dominguez Hills.
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
Phone: (310) 243-3596
Fax: (310) 516-3542
|Fall 2015- RN to BSN New Student Orientation||Tuesday, June 23, 2015||9:30 am - 2:15 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
|Fall 2015- RN to BSN New Student Orientation||Tuesday, July 21, 2015||9:30 am - 2:15 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
|Fall 2015- RN to BSN New Student Orientation||Wednesday, August 5, 2015||9:30 am - 2:15 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
|Fall 2015- MSN New Student Orientation||Monday, August 17, 2015||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
WH = Welch Hall
LSU = Loker Student Union
- Congratulations to the students who are recently admitted to our RN-BSN program in Fall 2015. The one-day RN-BSN orientation will take place from 9:30 am to 2:15 pm on the following dates:
June 23, 2015
July 21, 2015
August 5, 2015
You can choose to attend any day out of these three options. The RN-BSN New student Orientation Letter will provide you with more details.
- Congratulations Fall 2015 admitted MSN students. Save the Date- Orientation will be held on Monday, August 17, 2015 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.The MSN New Student Orientation letter will provide you with more details.
- CSUDH School of Nursing ranked by U.S. News as one of the Best Online Bachelor's Programs of 2014
"It has been our honor to be ranked as one of the best online Bachelor's Degree Programs in America.
The success is greatly contributed by our students, faculty, staff and administrators.
Congratulations to all!"
- CSUDH School of Nursing
- Fall 2015 MSN admissions is still open on CSUMentor. View our MSN Admissions Requirements for more information.
- On August 5th the recruiter for Los Angeles County Hospitals was onsite to present to over 50 students and other community nurses the current LA County Hospital hiring plan. They are recruiting to fill approximately 730 positions FY 2014-2015. Below you will find the links to the tape of the presentation and the handout that was given. We hope to have additional presentations from each hospital.