The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide excellent educational opportunities for adult learners, who reflect the diversity of our community, to apply knowledge, skills, and values that improve nursing practice and healthcare in our communities and the global society. The faculty achieves this mission by providing outstanding teaching, scholarship and service that empower the learners to be leaders in the nursing profession.
The School of Nursing envisions transforming healthcare to serve the needs of culturally diverse communities and the global society, in a dynamic teaching and learning environment, through the innovative caring practice of its nursing faculty, students and graduates.
- Health as a fundamental right for all
- Respect for each learner's uniqueness
- Ethic of caring
- Evidence-based practice
- Collaborative partnerships with the community
- Accessible, flexible, and progressive professional education
- Innovative instructional delivery and informational technology
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
Phone: (310) 243-3596
Fax: (310) 516-3542
|Fall 2015- RN to BSN New Student Orientation||Tuesday, July 21, 2015||9:30 am - 2:15 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
|Fall 2015- RN to BSN New Student Orientation||Wednesday, August 5, 2015||9:30 am - 2:15 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
|Fall 2015- MSN New Student Orientation||Monday, August 17, 2015||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||WH 165 - Claudia Hampton Hall|
WH = Welch Hall
LSU = Loker Student Union
- SPRING 2016 ADMISSIONS
- RN to BSN- CLOSED for Spring 2016
- MSN- Application will open August 1, 2015 and will run until November 1, 2015. Document Deadline is December 1, 2015.
- CSUDH School of Nursing ranked #1 by Great Value Colleges in the Top 30 Affordable RN to BSN Online Degree Programs.
- BSN 306 and BSN 346 Challenge Exams- We are still working on finalizing the new process for the challenge exams. As you may have notice we no longer have the section 19 (testing section) for those courses, but we will offer the challenge exams. Please continue to check our website and your toromail for new updates.
- Congratulations to the students who are recently admitted to our RN-BSN program in Fall 2015. The one-day RN-BSN orientation will take place from 9:30 am to 2:15 pm on the following dates:
July 21, 2015
August 5, 2015
You can choose to attend any day out of these three options. The RN-BSN New student Orientation Letter will provide you with more details.
- Congratulations Fall 2015 admitted MSN students. Save the Date- Orientation will be held on Monday, August 17, 2015 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.The MSN New Student Orientation letter will provide you with more details.
- CSUDH School of Nursing ranked by U.S. News as one of the Best Online Bachelor's Programs of 2014
"It has been our honor to be ranked as one of the best online Bachelor's Degree Programs in America.
The success is greatly contributed by our students, faculty, staff and administrators.
Congratulations to all!"
- CSUDH School of Nursing