Health Promotion Programs
- Seasonal Flu vaccines will be in the Fall. Please call (310) 243-3629 for more information or to make an appointment. Students with ID can get their vaccine at no cost; Faculty and Staff cost $15.00.
- Optometry Services - Optometry appointments can be made by calling (310)243-3629. Appointments are available on Wednesdays.
- Healthy Tuesdays
- Kick the Stigma Tuesdays
- HIV Testing
- Join SHAC
- MRP-455 - Mass Reduction Program
- Health & Wellness Pop-ups -- look for pop-ups in front of the Student Health Center with different healthy related topics throughout the semester.
Healthy Tuesdays - "Walk By Wellness"
Join us for our Spring 2015 Healthy Tuesdays events, held on the following dates at the Loker Student Union, East Walkway, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 17 Heart Health
- March 17 Nutrition
- April 14 Sexual Health
- April 28 Sun Safety
Kick the Stigma - "Wellness Tuesdays"
Join us for our Spring 2015 Kick the Stigma Tuesdays events, held on the following dates at the Loker Student Union, East Walkway from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- February 10 Healthy Relationships
- March 3 Suicide Prevention
- April 7 Domestic & Sexual Violence
- April 21 Stress Management
Free HIV Testing - Simple Oral Swab Test, Results in 30 Minutes!
Free HIV testing is provided by the Long Beach Public Health Department on the following dates, from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm behind the Student Health Center. Spring 2015 dates:
- February 9 & 23
- March 11 & 23
- April 13 & 27
- May 4 & 18
- June 8 & 22
- July 13 & 27
- August 10 & 24
Join SHAC - Student Health Advisory Committee
Since 1991, the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC), a student-led committee, serves as an advisory to the Director of the Student Health & Psychological Services. SHAC advocates for the CSUDH student, while working with the Student Health & Psychological Services to help identify student needs as well as develop, implement, and refine services to meet those needs. More information will be posted soon on the start dates and time for the meetings
Weight Loss Support Group - MRP-455 (Mass Reduction Plan)
This is an open support group for men & women of all sizes who are struggling with their weight, nutrition and food. Student Health Center physician, Sophia Momand will give you an overview of that disease and introduce the new MRP-455 which is an intelligent tool that can be used in the treatment and prevention of obesity. Fall 2014 support meetings will take place in Loker Student Union Ballroom B from 1:00-2:00 PM.
- February 11 Lecture and Plan Overview
- March 4 Support meeting
- March 25 Support meeting
Spring Student Mental Health & Wellness Fair
The Spring student health fair will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 from 11-2 at the East Walkway of the Loker Student Union. We have confirmation from the following vendors:
- CSUDH Alcohol Awareness Coordinating Team
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Red Cross
- Asian-American Drug Abuse Program
- Bee Well Now
- Carson Vision
- City Dental Care
- Division of HIV & STD Programs - LA Dept of Public Health
- MASSAGES - Everest College Students
- Kaiser Permanente
- National Alliance of Mental Illness - NAMI
- Planned Parenthood
- South Bay Family Health Care
- SuCasa Ending Domestic Violence
- Wilmington Community Clinic
- CSUDH Women's Resource Center
We will also have "Chill Zone" with Nap Stations and a Laughter clinic. The Student Health Center staff will be available for ask the Psychologist, ask the Doctor, Ask the Pharmacists, as well as wellness checks with the Student Health Center nurses and laboratory personnel.
Two blood drives are scheduled for the Spring Semester. January 21 and March 11. Look for the Blood Mobile on the upper campus just east of Welch Hall.
Body Shop Talk - The Student Health & Psychological Services Newsletter
Stop by Student Health & Psychological Services and pick up a newsletter - published quarterly.