Health Promotion Programs
- Seasonal Flu vaccines will be available in Fall of 2017. Please call (310) 243-3629 for more information or to make an appointment. Students with ID can get their vaccine at no cost; Faculty and Staff cost $15.00.
- Optometry Services - Optometry appointments can be made by calling (310)243-3629. Appointments are available on Wednesdays.
- Healthy Tuesdays
- Kick the Stigma Tuesdays
- HIV Testing
- Join SHAC
- MRP-455 - Mass Reduction Program
- Health & Wellness Pop-ups -- look for pop-ups in front of the Student Health Center with different healthy related topics throughout the semester.
Join us for our Spring 2017 Healthy Tuesdays events, held on the following dates at the Loker Student Union, East Walkway, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 21 - Heart Health
- March 21 - Contraception and Sexual Health
- April 18 - Nutrition
- May 2 - Summer Safety
Kick the Stigma
Join us for our Spril 2017 Kick the Stigma Tuesdays events, held on the following dates (locations vary)
- February 7 - Psychological Services
- March 7 - Self Esteem
- April 4 - Stress
Wellness on Wheels
Watch for the Health Mobile as it makes it's way around campus during the Spring semester.
Free HIV Testing - Simple Oral Swab Test, Results in 30 Minutes!
Free HIV testing is provided by the Long Beach Public Health Department on the following dates, from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm behind the Student Health Center. Spring 2015 dates:
- January 23
- February 13 & 27
- March 13 & 27
- April 5 (Wednesday) & 24
- May 8 & 22
Weight Loss Support Group - MRP-455 (Mass Reduction Plan)
This is an open support group for men & women of all sizes who are struggling with their weight, nutrition and food. Student Health Center physician, Sophia Momand will give you an overview of that disease and introduce the new MRP-455 which is an intelligent tool that can be used in the treatment and prevention of obesity. Fall semester support group dates and times are listed below.
Body Shop Talk - The Student Health & Psychological Services Newsletter
Stop by Student Health & Psychological Services and pick up a newsletter - published quarterly.
Begins Wednesday, February 1 from 12:00 to 12:30 PM - rain or shine. Meet in front of the Student Health Center. Please bring water and comfortable clothes and shoes. All are welcome!!
Reasons to walk with us:
- Improve psychological well being
- Enhance self-esteem
- Improve your mood
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduce stress
- Socialize and have fun
Student Health and Wellness Fair
The Apring Health and Wellness Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, April 5 from 11 AM to 2 PM on the East Walkway of the Loker Student Union. Please contact JoAnn Aragon-Valdivia at 310-243-3195 for more information.