Health Promotion Programs
- Seasonal Flu vaccines will be available in the fall. Please call (310) 243-3629 for more information or to make an appointment. Students with ID can get their vaccine at no cost; Faculty and Staff cost $15.00.
- Optometry Services - Optometry appointments can be made by calling (310)243-3629. Appointments are available on Wednesdays.
- Healthy Tuesdays
- Kick the Stigma Tuesdays
- HIV Testing
- Join SHAC
- MRP-455 - Mass Reduction Program
- Health & Wellness Pop-ups -- look for pop-ups in front of the Student Health Center with different healthy related topics throughout the semester.
Healthy Tuesdays - "Walk By Wellness"
Join us for our Fall 2016 Healthy Tuesdays events, held on the following dates at the Loker Student Union, East Walkway, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- September 13 - Contraception and Sexual Health
- October 11
- November 8
- November 29
Kick the Stigma - "Wellness Tuesdays"
Join us for our Fall 2016 Kick the Stigma Tuesdays events, held on the following dates (locations vary)
- September 6 - Suicide Prevention
- September 20 - Meet the Psychologist
- October 4 - Healthy Relationships
- October 10 (Monday) - Meet the Psychologist
- November 1 - Depression
- November 15 - Stress
Free HIV Testing - Simple Oral Swab Test, Results in 30 Minutes!
Free HIV testing is provided by the Long Beach Public Health Department on the following dates, from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm behind the Student Health Center. Spring 2015 dates:
- September 12 & 26
- October 10 & 19 (Wednesday)
- November 7 & 30 (Wednesday)
- December 5 & 19
Weight Loss Support Group - MRP-455 (Mass Reduction Plan)
This is an open support group for men & women of all sizes who are struggling with their weight, nutrition and food. Student Health Center physician, Sophia Momand will give you an overview of that disease and introduce the new MRP-455 which is an intelligent tool that can be used in the treatment and prevention of obesity. Fall semester support group dates and times are listed below.
Body Shop Talk - The Student Health & Psychological Services Newsletter
Stop by Student Health & Psychological Services and pick up a newsletter - published quarterly.
Walking Wednesdays - Begins Wednesday September 7, 2016. Two sessions: 12:00 to 12:30 or 3:00 to 3:30. Pre-registration not required. Please meet behind the Student Health Center. Bring water and your walking shoes.
Student Health and Wellness Fair
The Fall Health and Wellness Fair is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25 from 11 AM to 2 PM on the East Walkway of the Loker Student Union. Please contact JoAnn Aragon-Valdivia at 310-243-3195 for more information.
Other Health and Wellness Events
Suicide Prevention Law Campaign - September 6-8 - North Lawn
Light UP the Night - Suicide Prevention - September 8 from 6 PM to 8 PM - Loker Student Union, East Walkway
Pop Ups will occur in front of the Student Health Center throughout the Fall