Welcome to Student Health & Psychological Services
- Seasonal Flu vaccines will be available in the Fall. A general announcement will be made when they are available. Please call (310) 243-3629 for more information and an appointment. Students can get vaccinated at no charge; Faculty & Staff cost $15
- Optometry Services - Optometry services are available every Wednesday. Appointments can be made by calling (310)243-3629.
- Mobile HIV Testing - Mondays 3/9 and 3/23 10 AM to 1:30 PM located behind the Student Health Center
- Healthy Tuesday - March 17, 11 AM - 1 PM - Topic: Nutrition
- Kick the Stigma Tuesday - March 3, 10 AM - 12 Noon - Topic: Suicide prevention
- MRP-455 - Dr. Sophia Momand presents her program on Healthy Eating. Support meetings on March 4 and March 25 in Loker Student Union.
- Blood Drives - March 11 during the Health Fair.
- Spring Student Mental Health & Wellness Fair - The Spring Health Fair is scheduled for March 11. Volunteers are needed! If you can help please contact JoAnn Aragon-Valdivia at 310-243-3629. See the Health Promotions Programs page for more information.
- Psychological Services - Support groups for the Spring 2015 semester:
- Stress Relief Drop-In Group - a weekly drop-in group for reducing stress - starting Monday, February 2 to April 27, 1:00-2:15 PM - Facilitated by Dr. Janet Niederman and Melody Ganjian, MA. Location: Wellness Lounge Room A107 of the Student Health Center
- Building Self Esteem -a weekly support group to help you improve your self esteem - starting Monday, February 9 to April 27 , 3:30-4:45 PM - Facilitated by Dr. Katie Johnson and Sergio Mancilla, MS. Location: Wellness Lounge Room A107 of the Student Health Center
- Social Anxiety No More - a weekly support group to build confidence, improve social interactions and overcome extreme shyness - starting Tuesday, February 10 to April 21, 1:00-2:15 - Facilitated by Dr. Connie White-Betz and Jennifer Piper, MA. Location: Wellness Lounge Room A107 of the Student Health Center
- Survivors' Support Group - a weekly support group for survivors' of domestic, dating & sexual violence - starting Tuesday, February 3 to April 28, 2:30-3:30 PM - Facilitated by Heather Jett, PsyD and Jenny Whyte. Location: Women's Resource Center Room 148 Small College Complex
- Nosotras - a weekly support group for Latina students at CSUDH - starting Thursday, February 12 to April 30, 4:00-5:15 PM - Facilitated by Monica Rosas-Baines, PhD. Location: Wellness Lounge Room A107 of the Student Health Center
Welcome to Student Health & Psychological Services. Our mission is to offer quality services to meet your primary health care needs while you are a student at CSUDH. We have a caring and professional staff who provide services intended to maximize your physical, mental, and social health. In addition to basic health and mental health services, we offer a variety of preventive and educational programs to the campus community. Have questions? Contact us. We're here to help!
Event Accommodations for Disabled Students
If you are a student with a disability and require reasonable accommodations to participate in any event sponsored by Student Health & Psychological Services, please contact us for assistance. To better assist you, please contact us at least five days prior to the scheduled event.
CSUDH Student Health Services is accredited by the Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.