Mission and Goals
Our Mission Statement
The California State University Dominguez Hills Safe Space Program seeks to promote awareness of and respect for the diverse LGBT culture on our campus.
Through training, the Safe Space Program seeks to:
- Establish a visible network of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Offer safe, nonjudgmental, and supportive advocates for people of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, religions, ages, immigration status and abilities.
- Establish a campus-wide network of easily visible allies who provide support to LGBT students including:
- Directing LGBT students to campus resources and student organizations
- Advocating for LGBT students
- Foster an atmosphere on campus which supports the success of LGBT persons.
- Provide LGBT students access to trustworthy, knowledgeable and sensitive people who can provide them a safe and non-discriminatory environment.
- Provide an opportunity for CSUDH faculty and staff to demonstrate their support for people who are LGBT or questioning.
- Serve as a resource to campus referrals regarding instances of discrimination and harassment based on perceived or self-reported sexual orientation.
- Educate members of the campus community on the needs and concerns of LGBT students.
- Assist heterosexual personnel in understanding that homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation is hurtful to everyone on campus.
- Advance CSUDH's progress towards a campus that discourages discrimination and openly celebrates diversity.