Welch Hall background

Change of Name/Address

Quick Links

[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Free here.]

Name Change Policy

Current and former students may change their name by submitting change of name/address form to the Office of Admissions and Records. Appropriate state or court issued documentation that indicates a name change along with a valid photo identification card must include with this form. This documentation can include but is not limited to the following:

  • Marriage License
  • Certificate of Naturalization,
  • Adoption/Birth Certificate,
  • Divorce Decree (stating restored name),
  • Court Order,
  • Alien Registration Card

The documentation submitted must include the students new and former name.

Changing Addresses Online

Current students may change their address online in their my.csudh.edu account.  In your my.csudh.edu account addresses are categorized by type. Some examples of address types are home, mailing, and permanent.

To change an address perform the following steps:

  • Step 1: Log into your my.csudh.edu account and select Student Center
  • Step 2: Locate the Personal Information Section at the bottom of the Student Center
  • Step 3: Identify the address that you would like to update and click on the blue link indicating the address type (i.e., Mailing Address, Home Address) within Contact Information in your Student Center.
  • Step 4: Select the address that you would like to update and click the “edit” button. 
  • Step 5: Update the information on the proceeding page and click “OK.” 
  • Step 6: Review your changes and click “Save.”