Accessibility and Affordability
- CSU Dominguez Hills is listed among the top colleges and universities in the country according to a 2014 Time Magazine ranking that is based on criteria the White House plans to use to assess how well institutions serve students. Placing the highest importance on graduation rates, tuition and the percentage of students who receive federal Pell Grants, CSUDH ranked 33rd among 100 schools that topped the Time Magazine list. Time used data that 2,500 colleges and universities submitted to the Department of Education’s Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System.
- Educate To Career ranked CSU Dominguez Hills 38th among the “Top 100 Best Value Colleges” in its College Rankings Index that determines economic value added by each of the 1224 colleges ranked. The index calculates the improvement in earnings and employability of persons who attended specific colleges, relative to those similarly situated in other colleges (2014).
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org named CSU Dominguez Hills among the top 50 “Highest ROI Colleges in California” that deliver a solid return on investment, using data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Carnegie Classification, National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), and Payscale.com (2013).
- AffordableSchools.Net named CSU Dominguez Hills among the top 30 colleges and universities across the United States that are both affordable and attractive. Institutions had to have tuition fees and total cost of attendance below the national average, and attractiveness was based on factors such as green spaces, views, and architecturally significant buildings (2014).
- CSU Dominguez Hills is among the “Top 50 Safest Universities in California” as ranked by StateUniversity.com (2013).
Community Service and Public Good
- CSU Dominguez Hills was one of only four universities nationwide to received the 2014 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll's highest honor, the Presidential Award. CSUDH won in the general community service category. The university has been named to the honor roll since 2010 and in 2013 was a Presidential Award finalist.
- For the third year in a row, Washington Monthly ranked CSU Dominguez Hills among the top 10 best master’s university in the nation for “contribution to the public good.” Schools were rated in three broad categories: Social Mobility (recruiting and graduating low-income students), Research (producing cutting-edge scholarship and PhDs), and Service (encouraging students to give something back to their country) (2014).
- For its commitment to community engagement, CSU Dominguez Hills received the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification in 2010, which is valid until 2020. The classification recognizes the partnership of college and university knowledge and resources with those of the public and private sectors to enrich scholarship, research, and creative activity; enhance curriculum, teaching and learning; prepare educated, engaged citizens; strengthen democratic values and civic responsibility; address critical societal issues; and contribute to the public good.
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 annual “Best Colleges” ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 29th among the most ethnically diverse universities in the West offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees. To identify colleges where students are most likely to encounter undergraduates from racial or ethnic groups different from their own, U.S. News factors in the total proportion of minority students, leaving out international students, and the overall mix of groups. The data are drawn from each institution's student body for the 2013-2014 school year.
- U.S. News & World Report also ranked CSU Dominguez Hills 9th among the most economically diverse universities in the West offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The university is scored by the percentage of undergraduates receiving federal Pell grants, which is considered a gauge for how many low-income undergraduates there are on a given campus. The economic data are drawn from each institution's student body for the 2012-2013 school year.
- In its “Top 100 Minority Degree Producer” listing, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 47th nationally in granting undergraduate degrees to minority students and 88th in granting master's degrees to minority students (2014). Based on 2012-2013 data provided to the U.S. Department of Education.
- CSUDH's Nursing and Occupational Therapy master’s degree programs are among the best graduate programs in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Grad Schools” (2016).
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 33rd nationally in awarding bachelor’s degrees to Hispanic students (2015). Additionally the magazine ranks the university 82nd in undergraduate enrollment and 57th in graduate enrollment of Hispanic students. Based on 2013 data reported to National Center for Education Statistics/Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (NCES/IPEDS).
- The Online College Database ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 26th in its lists of “33 Most Popular U.S. Colleges for Hispanic Students” (2013).
- Great Value Colleges has ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' online Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) No. 1 out of 30 affordable RN to BSN online degree programs (2015).
- Best Masters Programs has ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' Master of Science in Quality Assurance 5th among the 50 most affordable online master's degree programs (2015).
- Nonprofitcollegesonline.com ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' online MBA 8th in its top 50 schools for online Master's of Business degree programs in its Students Before Profits Awards (2014-15).
- TopManagementDegrees.com ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' online MPA 40th among the top 50 schools for online master's degrees in Public Administration (2015).
- TopManagementDegrees.com ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' online MBA with a concentration in Information Technology Management 48th among the top 50 schools for online master's degrees in Information and Technology Management (2015).
- Value Colleges has ranked CSU Dominguez Hills #37 in its Top 50 Best Value Online Colleges (2015).
- OnlineMBAReport.com ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' MBA program 3rd among the top 25 online MBA program on the West Coast (2014).
- OnlineMBAReport.com ranked CSU Dominguez Hills' MBA program 49th among the top 50 online MBA programs in the nation that are offered by public colleges (2014).
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org named CSU Dominguez Hills No. 1. on its “Most Affordable Online Colleges” list (2013).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Arts in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding was named No. 2 on the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Master’s in Psychology and Human Services” list (2014).
- CSUDH’s online Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) ranked 14th on the GetEducated.com’s “18 Most Affordable Online Nursing Degrees” list (2013).
- CSUDH's online Master of Business Administration (MBA) ranked 12th on the GetEducated.com's “Best Buy: Online Master's in Business Administration” list (2012).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Public Administration was ranked eighth on
the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Master’s in Public Administration” list (2013).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Science in Quality Assurance was ranked second on the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Engineering Degrees” list (2013).