Accessibility and Affordability
- CSU Dominguez Hills is listed among the top colleges and universities in the country according to a 2014 Time Magazine ranking that is based on criteria the White House plans to use to assess how well institutions serve students. Placing the highest importance on graduation rates, tuition and the percentage of students who receive federal Pell Grants, CSUDH ranked 29th among 100 schools that topped the Time Magazine list. Time used data that 2,500 colleges and universities submitted to the Department of Education’s Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System.
- Educate To Career ranked CSU Dominguez Hills 38th among the “Top 100 Best Value Colleges” in its College Rankings Index. economic value added by each of the 1224 colleges ranked within our system. The index calculates the improvement in earnings and employability of persons who attended specific colleges, relative to those similarly situated in other colleges (2014).
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org named CSU Dominguez Hills among the top 50 “Highest ROI Colleges in California” that deliver a solid return on investment, using data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Carnegie Classification, National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), and Payscale.com (2013).
- CSU Dominguez Hills is among the “Top 50 Safest Universities in California” as ranked by StateUniversity.com (2013).
Community Service and Public Good
- For the third year in a row, Washington Monthly ranked CSU Dominguez Hills among the top 10 best master’s university in the nation for “contribution to the public good.” Schools were rated in three broad categories: Social Mobility (recruiting and graduating low-income students), Research (producing cutting-edge scholarship and PhDs), and Service (encouraging students to give something back to their country) (2014).
- CSU Dominguez Hills was a Presidential Award finalist and named to the Corporation for National and Community Service President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll (2013).
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 annual “Best Colleges” ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 29th among the most ethnically diverse universities in the West offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees. To identify colleges where students are most likely to encounter undergraduates from racial or ethnic groups different from their own, U.S. News factors in the total proportion of minority students, leaving out international students, and the overall mix of groups. The data are drawn from each institution's student body for the 2013-2014 school year.
- U.S. News & World Report also ranked CSU Dominguez Hills 9th among the most economically diverse universities in the West offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The university is scored by the percentage of undergraduates receiving federal Pell grants, which is considered a gauge for how many low-income undergraduates there are on a given campus. The economic data are drawn from each institution's student body for the 2012-2013 school year.
- In its “Top 100 Minority Degree Producer” listing, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 52nd nationally in granting undergraduate degrees to minority students (2013). Based on 2011-2012 data provided to the U.S. Department of Education.
- CSUDH's Nursing and Occupational Therapy master’s degree programs are among the best graduate programs in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Grad Schools” (2012).
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 43rd in awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees to Hispanic students (2013). Based on National Center for Education Statistics/Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (NCES/IPEDS) data.
- The Online College Database ranks CSU Dominguez Hills 26th in its lists of “33 Most Popular U.S. Colleges for Hispanic Students” (2013).
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org named CSU Dominguez Hills No. 1. on its “Most Affordable Online Colleges” list (2013).
- CSUDH’s online Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) ranked 14th on the GetEducated.com’s “18 Most Affordable Online Nursing Degrees” list (2013).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Arts in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding was named No. 1 on the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Master’s in Psychology and Human Services” list (2013).
- CSUDH's online Master of Business Administration (MBA) ranked 12th on the GetEducated.com's “Best Buy: Online Master's in Business Administration” list (2012).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Public Administration was ranked eighth on
the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Master’s in Public Administration” list (2013).
- CSUDH’s online Master of Science in Quality Assurance was ranked second on the GetEducated.com’s “Best Buy: Online Engineering Degrees” list (2013).