CSU Dominguez Hills' Strategic Framework
We provide education, scholarship and service that are, by design, accessible and transformative. We welcome students who seek academic achievement, personal fulfillment, and preparation for the work of today and tomorrow.
A vital educational and economic resource for the South Bay, CSU Dominguez Hills will be recognized as a top-performing Comprehensive Model Urban University in America. By 2015, we will be known as a campus community and gathering place where:
- Diversity in all its forms is explored, understood, and transformed into knowledge and practice that benefits the world.
- Technology is embraced and leveraged to transcend educational boundaries as we reach out to students, both locally and globally.
- Sustainable environmental, social, and economic practices are a way of life.
- Students from our community who aspire to complete a college degree are provided the pathway and guidance to succeed.
- Faculty and staff across the University are engaged in serving the dynamic needs of the surrounding communities.
- Student life is meaningful and vibrant.
- Our accomplishments and those of our alumni are recognized nationally and internationally.
- Ultimately, our students graduate with an exemplary academic education, a highly respected degree, and a genuine commitment to justice and social responsibility.
Our Core Values
The following core values are fundamental to our success:
- Accountability. We recognize and live up to our responsibility to our students, campus resources and finances, staff, faculty alumni, supporters, and the community at large.
- Collaboration. All segments of the campus community work together to support our vision as well as our students' success.
- Continuous Learning. We strive to continually improve teaching, scholarship and service.
- Rigorous Standards. We identify, implement and support excellence in all our practices.
- Proactive Partnerships. We actively engage with our communities and its members to promote educational opportunities and excellence for our students.
- Respect. We celebrate and respect diversity in all forms.
- Responsiveness. We are here to serve the needs of students, this community and society.