Hansonia Caldwell, Ph.D.
Professor of Music
Office Hours: MW 2-3:30 p.m. and Tue. 1-3:00 p.m. and by appointment
- Professor of Music at California State University Dominguez Hills, Department of Music
- Director of the 21st Century Cultures Project at California State University Dominguez Hills
- Founding Director of the Dominguez Hills Jubilee Choir and founding director of the annual Jubilee Creative Arts Summer Camp
- B.Mus. in Musicology from Boston University and Master's degree and Doctorate in Musicology from the University of Southern California
- Noted for her musical accomplishment as a church organist and distinguished choral conductor and accompanist
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, member of the Los Angeles Philharmonic's Educational Advisory committee, and a member of the Philharmonic Association's Community Advisory Committee
- A member of the national service organization, Links, Inc., having served as Western Area Arts Director, as National Arts Committee member, and as Inglewood-Pacific Chapter Vice President/Program Director and chair of the Clapter's Services to Youth Committee
- A member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, conductor of the AKA Western Regional Chorus, and Co-Director of the annual Alpha Kappa Alpha/Delta Sigma Theta Martin Luther King Commemoritive Concert
- Publications have appeared in American Society of University Composers Proceedings and in The Black Perspective in Music.
- Biographical profiles of composers Jester Hairston and Gertrude Rivers Robinson have been accepted for publication in the forthcoming International Dictionary of Black Composers, a project of the Center for Black Music Research
- Book publications include African American Music, A Chronology: 1619-1995, and an Educator's Resource Manual.