2015 SESSION #4 (9/21/2015 - 12/31/2015)
Core and elective courses:
CIS 530.41 - Enterprise Resource Planning
Prof. W. Wong
Human Resource Management, 1st Edition, 2013 by Robert N. Lussier and John R. Hendon, Sage. Print ISBN: 111153355. E-text ISBN: 978-1-4129-9242-8
- Hammonds, K. H. (2005). Why we hate HR. Fast Company, 97 (August), 40-46.
- Ryan, A.M. & Tippins, N.T. (2004). Attracting and selecting: What psychological research tells us. Human Resource Management, 43(4), 305-318.
- Kraiger, K., McLonden, D., & Casper, W.J. (2004). Collaborative planning for training impact. Human Resource Management, 43(4), 337-351.
- Rynes, S.L., Gerhart, B., & Minette, K.A. (2004). The importance of pay in employee motivation: Discrepancies between what people say and what they do. Human Resource Management, 43(4), 381-394.
- Longenecker, C.O., Sims, Jr., H.P., & Gioia, D.A. (1987). Behind the Mask: The politics of employee appraisal. Academy of Management Executive, 1(3), 183-193.
The articles above are in journals available for download via the CSUDH library.
Case #1 “Yahoo! – A New HR Challenge” Stanford Case #HR-25A (HR Planning) LO 1, 4
Case #2 “Motorola A & B” Case # HBR 9-996-051 &9-996-052 (Training) LO2, 4
Case #3 “Michigan Auto Products” Ivey Case # 9A98E031 (Labor Relations) LO2, 3, 4
Case #4 “Amazon Paying Employees to Quit” Case Centre #414-082-1 (Employee Engagement) LO 1, 4
Cases may be purchased and may be ordered online using course center course pack AND Harvard Business School https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/access/28169158
Title: Crafting and executing strategy, The Quest for Competitive Advantage, Concepts and Cases (19th ed.)Authors: Arthur A. Thompson, Jr., A.J. Strickland III, John E. Gamble and Margaret A. Peteraf.
Publisher: Irwin, McGraw-HillISBN: 978-0078029509
More information will be provided in the course.
Business Strategy Game:
Please check the on-campus textbooks information from the bookstore below: