Applicants for admission to the MBA Program must meet CSU Dominguez Hills admission requirements for the post-baccalaureate or graduate study and the graduate admission requirements from the Department of Business Administration.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Applicants will be considered for admission if they satisfy the following:
- Hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university,
- Are in good standing at the last institution attended,
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) or 3.0 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) upper division units,
- Attain a minimum score of 450 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or a comparable GRE General Test score, with minimum scores at or above the 25th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the test. Test results must be from within the last five years based on the semester applying.
- Required only of students who have received all, or a significant portion, of their education in a language other than English: Attain a minimum score of 550 (Paper-based Total), 80 (Internet-based Total) or 230 (Computer-based Total) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR 6.5 overall score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Applicants seeking a waiver of the TOEFL or IELTS exam can contact the Office of American Language & Culture Program at 310.243.3830 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit their website at http://csudh.edu/alcp/Toefl%20Waiver.html.
Applicants may submit the following items to the Department (MBAOnline@csudh.edu):
- Personal Statement indicating how the MBA best fits career goals
- Copy of a current resume
- Academic or professional references indicating the applicant's abilities and strengths beneficial to the successful completion of the MBA program.
Admission to the MBA Program is selective. The Admissions Committee reviews the entire application package weighing prior academic performance, previous work experience, GMAT/GRE score, and other professional and intellectual pursuits.
Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement
The Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) is required of all entering students in the MBA program. This requirement must be met before nine units has been completed in the program. To satisfy the GWAR, students must accomplish one of the following criteria:
- An earned bachelor's degree from another CSU campus in 1984 or later
- A grade of B or higher in English 350 or written acknowledgement from the instructors of IDS 397 and 398 that performance in the course commensurate with a grade of B or higher.
- A score of 4.0 or higher on the Analytical Writing Analysis of the GMAT exam.
- A score of 4.0 or higher on the Analytical Writing section of the GRE exam.
- A score of 8.0 or higher on the GWE administered by the Testing Center.
For more details about the GWAR requirement, visit the Testing Center.
Application Filing Dates
Applicants should have their CSUmentor.edu applications complete and all official transcripts submitted to University Admissions by admission material deadline dates.
The MBA online program is offered in three (3) sessions each year, and currently accepts new students for sessions in Spring and Fall. For the Spring session, applications will be available beginning on August 1. For the Fall session, applications will be available beginning on October 1.
Spring Session: October 1 application deadline
Spring Session: November 1 application materials (transcript) deadline
Fall Session (June): April 1 application deadline
Fall Session (June): May 1 application materials (transcript) deadline
Fall Session (September): July 1 application deadline
Fall Session (September): August 1 application materials (transcript) deadline
The MBA on-campus program is offered in the Fall and Spring semester. For the Fall semester, applications will be available beginning on October 1 of the previous year. For the Spring Semester, applications will be available of August 1 of the previous year. **Please note, State University Grants are awarded to students demonstrating financial need who submit their FAFSA by March 2.
Fall Semester: June 1 application deadline
Fall Semester: July 1 application materials (transcript) deadline
Spring Semester: October 1 application deadline
Spring Semester: November 1 application materials (transcript) deadline
An application fee of $55 in U.S. funds, payable to CSUDH, must accompany your application. The fee is nonrefundable and may not be transferred to another term and/or to another campus. **Application material received and accepted after the published deadline may incur an additional $15.00 application fee and requires approval from the Department.
How To Apply:
- Submit an online application through CSU Mentor. A new application must be submitted for the semester you intend to enroll even if you have previously applied. For graduate program listing, you must select either the MBA Online (12 week) option or MBA OnCampus. Please disregard the 8 week option.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended. Transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing institutions.
- Request GMAT or GRE score be sent to CSUDH MBA Program.
- A personal statement that describes the applicant's professional accomplishments and goals. Please submit these materials directly to the Department at email@example.com.
- Certified English translations of non-English transcripts (international students only) must be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records. Students from foreign institutions must have transcripts evaluated by a NACES agency such as WES and submit a course by course evaluation.
- TOEFL score (if required) sent directly from ETS to the Office of Admissions and Records. All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English must demonstrate competence in English. Graduate applicants who have not attended schools at the secondary level or above for at least three years full-time where English is the principle language of instruction must present one of the following:
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL exam
- A minimum score of 80 on the internet-based TOEFL exam (iBT)
- A minimum score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL exam
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS
For more information regarding required documents for international students, click here.
To send documents to the University Admission and Records office, please use the address below:
Office of Admissions and Records
California State University Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
To send documents to the Department, please use the address below:
MBA Program Office
California State University Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
Attn: Admission Committee
To send documents online to the MBA Program Office, please click below:
Submit Documents Online
After the submission of your electronic application and application fee, the University Admission office will send via mail a user ID and password to our my.csudh.edu portal. Applicants can check their application status online. There are four application statuses possible:
- Application Incomplete - applicants are missing items such as application fee, transcripts, etc.
- Application Incomplete After Review - applicants are deficient in submitting transcripts from attended institutions.
- Application Complete - applicants are complete and ready for department review.
- Application in Department Review - applications processed by University Admissions have been forwarded to the department for review. The MBA coordinator will determine if all materials have been submitted such as GMAT scores. Files in review will be processed on a first come basis and decisioned.