- General Research: This guide to doing research at CSUDH covers everything you need to get you started with how to find everything from books, articles, websites and more, to citing those materials.
- Subject Guides: Specially tailored research guides on a wide variety of subjects for every major.
- Tutorials: Library created interactive research tutorials.
Help From A Librarian
Instant Research Help
Have a question and need answers now? Use the resources below to get help with questions about the library and our services such as finding books, articles, and other resources, or navigating the library website and databases.
- Research Help Desk: Visit the research help desk for in person help about all things library and research. Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-11pm, Fri, Sat & Sun 12pm-5pm.
- Call us: (310) 243-3582
- Text us: (310) 494-2940
- Chat live online with a Librarian or Research Assistant
- Frequently Asked Questions: Search our most frequently asked questions about the library and library services. Available 24/7
During hours that the library or research help desk is closed, you can still get help.
- Email: Send us an email and one of our librarians will answer you within a few hours. Emails received after 10pm will be answered the following day.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Search our most frequently asked questions about the library and library services. Available 24/7.
Need more in-depth help?
Make a 1 hour research help appointment with a librarian. We can help you form a research question, develop a search strategy, find sources for a literature review, and more. Although, any librarian can meet with any student or faculty member in need of research help, it can be beneficial to meet with the librarian who specializes in your discipline. To view a librarian’s subject areas click the info icon by their name.
For writing help, contact the Toro Learning Center at (310) 243-3827, or PEGS Graduate Writing Institute for Excellence (GWIE) at (310) 243-2700.