- General Research: This guide to doing research at CSUDH covers everything you need to get you started with how to find everything from books, articles, websites and more, to citing those materials.
- Subject Guides: Specially tailored research guides on a wide variety of subjects for every major.
- Tutorials: Library created interactive research tutorials.
Help From A Librarian
Instant Research Help
Have a question and need answers now? Use the resources below to get help with questions about the library and our services such as finding books, articles, and other resources, or navigating the library website and databases.
- Research Help Desk: Visit the research help desk for in person help about all things library and research. Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11am-7pm, Fri:12pm-4pm, Sat & Sun 1pm-5pm.
- Call us: (310) 243-3586
- Text us: (310) 494-2940 Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8am-7pm, Fri:8am-4pm, Sat & Sun 1pm-5pm.
- Chat live online with a Librarian or Research Assistant Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8am-7pm, Fri:8am-4pm, Sat & Sun 1pm-5pm.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Search our most frequently asked questions about the library and library services. Available 24/7
During hours that the library or research help desk is closed, you can still get help.
- Email: Send us an email and one of our librarians will answer you within a few hours. Emails received after 10pm will be answered the following day.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Search our most frequently asked questions about the library and library services. Available 24/7.
Need more help?
Make a 30 min or 1-hour research help appointment with a librarian. We can help you form a research question, develop a search strategy, find sources for a literature review, and more.New! Zoom web-conferencing research help appointments. Need help with research but can't make it to campus? When you make an appointment for research help simply select web as your appointment type use our web-conferencing tool and get help from a librarian on your computer or mobile device with live screen-sharing. Its quick and easy to access. First time users can view this 1 minute video on launching the tool: Opening Zoom for a Research Help Appointment.
For writing help, contact the Toro Learning Center at (310) 243-3827, or PEGS Graduate Writing Institute for Excellence (GWIE) at (310) 243-2700.