Your password is the key to protecting the confidentiality of your voice mailbox. It is what makes your voice mailbox private and secure. Here are some tips to help you maintain a high degree of security.
- Change your temporary password assigned to you when you first setup your voice mailbox.
- Don't use an obvious number combination for your password. For example, avoid using:
- Your telephone number
- The last four digits of your telephone number
- Sequential numbers
- Your birth date
- Your name
- Change your password periodically.
- Don't program your password on your speed dial buttons.
- Don't give your password out to others. If you must do so, change your password when they no longer need access to your mailbox.
To change your password:
- Dial into the system
- Press 4 for Mailbox Options (Options Menu)
- Press 9 to change password
- Press 1 to listen to existing password
- Press 2 to set a new password
- Press * for mailbox options (repeats options)