1. How do faculty and staff access the Microsoft software?
You can also obtain access to Microsoft software through the MyCSUDH campus portal:
- Log on to the MyCSUDH campus portal.
- Click on Get Microsoft Software under the heading of "Information Tech Services".
- You will be directed to the CSUDH On The Hub online store, hosted by Kivuto Solutions Inc. Click on Start Shopping towards the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to the CSUDH Authentication Service page.
- Enter your campus username and password on the CSUDH Authentication Service page. Click Login.
- You are now logged in to the CSUDH On The Hub online store. Click on Start Shopping towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the Micosoft tab and choose the Microsoft application you are wanting to download. Follow the instructions on the screen in order to add the selection to your shopping cart and obtain access to the software.
NOTE: Microsoft software only applies to active (or current) State Faculty/Staff employees. ASI, OLLI, Emeritus, and College of Extended Education faculty/staff are NOT eligible for software due to the terms of the license agreement.
2. Does the license expire? If so, when does it expire?
Yes. The License Term is 3 years beginning on 6/20/2013.
3. Do I need a disk in order to install the software?
No. The software is downloaded from the CSUDH On The Hub online store. It can be installed on your personal computer for at home use.
5. Which Microsoft applications are available to faculty/staff?
Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows) - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 provides access to your familiar Office applications, email, calendar, HD video conferencing, and most up-to-date documents. Suite includes: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, and Lync.
Note: Compatible only with Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional Upgrade 32/64 bit (Windows/Mac) - With the new Windows, you get the best of work and play. Windows 8.1 Pro includes everything in Windows 8.1, plus enhanced features that help you manage your devices, access one PC from another, encrypt your data, and more.
Note: Compatible only with Windows 7. MAC users only. This product is intended to be used in conjunction with third party virtualization software so that you can run Windows on your Mac.
Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Upgrade 32/64 bit (Windows/Mac) - Windows has been reimagined to focus on your life. The beautiful, fast, and fluid design is perfect for a range of hardware: from compact, touch-enabled tablets and lightweight laptops, to PCs and large, powerful all-in-ones with high-definition screens.
Note: MAC users only. This product is intended to be used in conjunction with third party virtualization software so that you can run Windows on your Mac.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (Windows) - Microsoft Office 2010 offers powerful new ways to deliver your best work—at the office, at home, or at school. Suite includes: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Excel, OneNote, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, SharePoint Workspace, Lync.
Microsoft Office Mac 2011 (Mac) - Get the tools to manage business and life, on your terms. Create professional-quality documents, spreadsheets and presentations with the most used productivity software for the Mac.
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade 32/64 bit (Windows) - Simplify everyday tasks: find something instantly, compare documents side-by-side, or easily back-up your complete system over a network. Enjoy a PC that works the way you want it to; supports 64-bit technologies and offers XP Mode for your business productivity applications. Make new things possible: watch Internet TV, pause, rewind, and record TV or use Touch to interact with your PC in new ways.
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade 32/64 bit (Windows) - Windows 7 Ultimate is the most versatile and powerful edition of Windows 7. It combines remarkable ease-of-use with the entertainment features of Home Premium and the business capabilities of Professional, including the ability to run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode. For added security, you can encrypt your data with BitLocker and BitLocker To Go. And for extra flexibility, you can work in any of 35 languages. Get it all with Windows 7 Ultimate.
Please see the Adobe Software page for Staff & Faculty Adobe At Home Use Software.