ServiceNow - Help Desk Ticketing System
[Get Adobe Reader free here]
The Division of Information Technology implemented a new Help Desk ticketing system (ServiceNow) on June 2, 2014. This system is more robust than our previous system and is used for incident, asset, project, and change management tracking. Training was made available to all employees the week of May 19th, 2014 and we received positive feedback from the attendees.
How Does This System Benefit Me?
- Support requests are be auto-assigned, which will get your ticket to a technician sooner.
- The following online forms are found in one place: Network Account Request, Static IP Request, DNS Entry Request, Reserve a Computer Lab Request, and Request Lab Software Installation.
- The system automatically emails status updates to you and you may communicate directly with the technician assigned to your ticket by replying to those updates.
What Has Changed?
- ServiceNow at https://csudh.service-now.com looks a bit different than before.
- You are required to log-in before submitting a request for support, but don’t worry - there are options for people with login issues to still report their issue.
- There are more options to choose from when reporting an issue, which directs your issue to the correct technician sooner.
Instructions on how to use the new ticketing system can be found here [PDF].
Questions regarding the new ticketing system may be directed to Joli Brown at email@example.com.