PeopleSoft Student Administration User Accounts
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here]
User access to the PeopleSoft applications is limited to members of the CSUDH faculty and staff who require access in order to perform their work.
About all other [non-Financial Aid] Student Administration access
If you would like to request new user access, change your current access, or cancel access to the Student Administration (SA) application, please follow the instructions below to request that access.
Note: Training is required before access to any of the SA modules is granted.
- Access the Request for PeopleSoft Student Administration User ID [PDF] (497 KB).
- Complete the User Information section (top of page 1):
- Username field - Enter your CSUDH username, with which you log into the network and Exchange/Outlook. PeopleSoft permissions* will be added to your existing account, so that you don't have different login information for different modules. If you do not have a CSUDH username, leave the field blank.
- Primary Department (Dept) ID field - If you already know your Primary Dept ID, enter it in this field. If you don’t, leave the field blank.
- Requesting access to specific modules of the system must go hand in hand with being trained on those specific modules. Therefore, the signatures obtained must be able to authorize your access to the modules that are selected on page 2.
- Print the completed form.
- Sign the agreement on page 1 next to User Signature to acknowledge that you’ve read and understand the appropriate uses for and responsibilities associated with CMS Student Administration user access.
- Complete the Authorization section on page 1:
- Route the form to your immediate supervisor for signature approval.
- Route the form to your division administrator (vice president or designee or the Chief Information Officer) for authorized signature(s).
- Leave the bottom section of the form blank. This will be filled in by your trainer or the appropriate functional analyst and signed by the Vice President for Administration & Finance.
- Send the completed form to Administrative Information Systems, WH 380, for processing in the following steps:
- The functional analyst enters your request for access to the requested module(s) in red into the PeopleSoft Security Matrix.
- Once the form is signed by the Vice President for Administration & Finance and sent to the PeopleSoft Security Administrator, he compares data on the signed form to the data entered in red in the security matrix.
- If the data matches, the security administrator enters your access information into PeopleSoft and changes the red data to black in the security matrix.
- When your access has been thus enabled, you and the functional analyst who requested your access will receive a confirmation e-mail from the security administrator with instructions for accessing the PeopleSoft SA application.
*Permissions are authorizations that are assigned to roles. Roles are assigned to user profiles based on their job duties and responsibilities. A user's profile may be assigned multiple roles if they are responsible for data entry in more than one area of the system or if they require query access to other areas in the system. Some roles will allow the user to modify (maintain) components of the system, and some will only allow the user to query (view) components in the system.