Human Resources/Payroll User Account Instructions
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here]
To begin the process to access one of the CSUDH systems identified above, please follow the directions below, and complete the appropriate form to acquire new access, to change/update your access, to cancel/delete access, or to reinstate access. Please note that the forms to request access are interactive forms and may be completed, saved, and emailed to others.
- Access the Human Resources/Payroll User Account Form [PDF] (394 KB).
- Check the radio button next to the appropriate request type (e.g., New Access Request, Change/Update Access, Cancel/Delete Access).
- Complete the User Information Section. If you know your CSUDH User Name, enter it in the User Name field. If you don’t, leave that box blank.
- User Name field: Enter your CSUDH User Name, which you use to log into the CSUDH network and Exchange/Outlook/email. PeopleSoft permissions* will be added to your existing CSUDH account, so that you don't have different login information for new or changes to access requests.
- Primary Department (Dept) ID field - If you already know your Primary Dept ID, enter it in this field. If you don’t, leave the field blank.
- Sign the agreement on Page 1 next to User Signature to acknowledge that you’ve read and understand the appropriate uses for and responsibilities associated with CMS (PeopleSoft) Human Resources/Payroll user access.
- Acquire your supervisors approval, then forward the form to your Human Resources Liaison who will complete the Request(s) for Specific Access to PeopleSoft Human Resources/Payroll Modules/Roles. In addition, take the form with you to any training sessions that you participate in for signatures or additional signatures. (You may be given this form at a training session in the first place.)
- Route (if your Human Resources Liaison has not already done so) the approved form to your Dean/College Resource Manager/Department Head, if appropriate, and to your Division Administrator (vice president or designee or the Chief Information Officer) for authorized signature(s).
- Leave the bottom portion of the form blank. That area will be filled in by the functional analyst staff and signed by the Vice President for Administration & Finance.
- Deliver or send the completed form to Administrative Information Systems, Welch Hall 380, for processing.
Note: Improperly authorized forms will be returned for correction.
* Permissions are authorizations that are assigned to roles. Roles are assigned to user profiles based on their job duties and responsibilities. A user's profile may be assigned multiple roles if they are responsible for data entry in more than one area of the system or if they require query access to other areas in the system. Some roles will allow the user to modify (maintain) components of the system, and some will only allow the user to query (view) components in the system.