What are Clickers?
Clickers are a student response system that uses the wireless Turning Technologies NXT response device. Student response systems have shown to increase student engagement in classes and allow instructors to get feedback as to what material students are grasping and what needs to be covered further. Student response systems have shown increase in the following:
- Confidence in learning
- Student understanding of presented material
- Active Learning
Strategies for Working with Clickers
- Create polls in class to gauge student understanding of material and give instructors instant feedback on what they need to cover.
- Use polls to drive discussion in class.
- Use the poll at the beginning of class to take attendance with.
- Create short quizzes at the beginning of class to check reading assignments.
- Create self-paced tests that grade themselves instantly (students can know their grade before they leave class) and load the scores into Blackboard.
- Indicate Clickers as a requirement for your class in the same way you do textbooks. Go to https://adoptions.efollet.com and specify the ISBN # 9781934931455 for the clicker device or contact the bookstore.
How to Start Using Clickers in Your Classroom
Contact Ben Guerrero or Reza Boroon in Academic Technology and request a Turning Technologies Instructor Kit. You can also contact Turning Technologies directly and request one: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/instructorkit