Welch Hall background


Looking for Work in the Local Area

Want an internship to gain more hands-on experience? Need an on-campus job? Use ToroJobs, CSUDH's website to assist students in finding job opportunities in the local area.

To log on, use your MyCSUDH User ID and the guest password: torojobs

Once logged on, we suggest you create a unique password and update your Career Profile to use other services provided on the site.

The CSUDH Career Center

Our Career Center will assist you with preparing a resume and how to interview with future employers. For information about their workshops, telephone the Career Center at (310) 243-3625 or visit their website.

Curricular Practical Training Work Permit (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) off-campus work permit is available to both undergraduate and graduate F-1 visa students who qualify. Curricular is considered an opportunity to work off-campus 20 hours or less (part-time) if the applicant has a class that has a work assigned as an "integral" part of the curriculum. All 496 & 596 internship classes qualify. CPT is available only after the F-1 visa student completes a minimum of two (2) semesters enrolled full-time at CSUDH.

All CPT applicants must sit down to speak with their DSO in the ISSO to obtain the necessary information and application form. CPT can be renewed up to a maximum of twelve (12) months for part-time (20 hours per week) off-campus internships. The permit is job specific and must be assigned by your class room instructor on semester by semester or summer bases. CPT will not take any time away from the OptionalPractical Training (OPT) work permit obtained after you graduate.

Applying for CPT must be completed by the third week of classes since this process is part of your semester grade. Students will receive a new SEVIS form I-20 with the work permit and name of the specific company internship printed on page 3 of this important government document (no fee).

Applying for a U.S. Social Security Card

All international students must obtain a letter of status and U.S. Social Security application form from the ISSO before they can work on-or-off campus. To apply make an appointment with the ISSO during your first semester of enrollment at CSUDH. To get a Social Security card you must submit all required documents with application form to the U.S. Social Security office nearest your home. Take time to apply for this important employment document before graduating. You will need a Social Security number to open a bank account.