Workers' Compensation

Filing a Workers' Comp Claim

Submitting the Employee/Volunteer Report of Injury/Illness form does not file a claim for workers' compensation benefits.

After receiving your Injury Report, the Workers' Compensation Manager will monitor your medical treatment to determine if the level of care exceeds first aid treatment.

First aid treatment may be appropriate treatment and is not considered a workers' compensation benefit even though first aid costs will be paid by the University.

If medical treatment exceeds first aid treatment at the initial or subsequent medical visits, Workers' Compensation will send you a State of California Workers' Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1).

If you wish to initiate a claim:

Please go to the Human Resources Management department to complete and sign the Employee portion of the DWC-1 form. Be sure to describe your injury or illness completely and include every affected body part (s).

If a form is mailed to you, please complete, sign and return the original to the Human Resources Management department. Please remember to make a copy for your records.