Benefits Open Enrollment
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here]
- September 16 thru October 11
- Any change will take effect January 1, 2014
For more information, please attend our Benefits Open Enrollment Fair at Loker Student Union, Ballroom B on Sept. 24, 2013 9:00am-11:00am
Click here to view the 2013 Open Enrollment page on CalPERS website
Introducing New Health Plans available to employees:
HealthCare Rate Changes for 2014:
BLUE SHIELD OF CALIFORNIA
- NetValue monthly premium rates will not change
- Access+ monthly premium rates will decrease
- Monthly premium rates will increase.
BLUE CROSS PERS CARE/CHOICE/SELECT
- PERS CARE monthly premium rates will decrease
- PERS Choice monthly premium rates will decrease
- PERS Select monthly premium will not change
2014 Health Rate and New Plans [PDF]
2014 Medical Plan Comparison Chart [PDF]
2014 Dental Plan Comparison Chart [PDF]
- The Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement plans require re-enrollment every year, even if there is no change in the contribution amount.
- Current contributions will be discontinued on January 1, 2014. You must re-enroll during Open Enrollment to continue contributions [PDF].
- Maximum Contribution Change for HCRA Enrollees: The HCRA offers participants the ability to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses with pre-tax dollars. On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. As a result, the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) maximum contribution amount for the plan year 2013 is $2,500 annually. This is a change and reduction from $5,000 for plan year 2012. The minimum monthly contribution for Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) is $20 per month ($240 annually), up to a maximum contribution amount of $208.33 per month ($2,500 annually).
- You will have the option of using a Debit Card for your HCRA expenses. The “Benny Card” will automatically deducted eligible expenses from your HCRA account. For more information, please click on the following link: FSA Debit Card Option [PDF]
Voluntary Benefits – The following voluntary benefits are offered through payroll
Additional information regarding these voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be found on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/. Please note that all of the above voluntary benefit plans, with the exception of the MetLaw Legal plan, allow employees to enroll throughout the year.
- MetLaw Legal Plan - This is your annual opportunity to enroll in the MetLaw Legal Plan for a low monthly premium of $19.70. The MetLaw Legal Plan offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., provides representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents. Employees that do not enroll in the plan during open enrollment, will not have another opportunity to enroll in the plan until next year’s open enrollment period.
- CalPERS On-Line Video for Open Enrollment
CalPERS is offering an on-demand video as an alternative to hosting onsite open enrollment health fairs. The video, “Presenting the 2014 CalPERS Health Plans Rate and Benefit Changes”, will provide employees, retirees, and their dependents with information presented by expert representatives from each of the CalPERS health plans. The video will provide participants with 24/7 access, and the materials are available for download. CalPERS will post the pre-recorded video on its website here. Please refer to CalPERS Health Program [PDF] highlights for additional
Benefits Information Worksheet [PDF]
Dental Plan Enrollment Form [PDF]
HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Form [PDF]
HCRA/DCRA ASI Claim Form [PDF]
FlexCash Enrollment Form [PDF]
If you have any questions regarding Open Enrollment or Employee Benefits, please contact Human Resources at (310) 243-3771.