Benefits Open Enrollment
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here
- September 14 thru October 9
- Open Enrollment Fair - Monday, September 21 (Loker Student Union, Ballroom A) 9:00am-11:00am
- Any change will take effect January 1, 2016
Click here to view the 2016 Open Enrollment page on CalPERS website
2016 HEALTH PLAN RATES [PDF]
Please review the attached 2016 Health Plan rates to determine if your health plan premium will be increasing or decreasing in 2016.
HELPFUL CALPERS BENEFITS TOOLS AND RESOURCES
CALPERS HEALTH BENEFIT CHANGES FOR 2016
Highlights of the 2016 CalPERS health benefit changes are listed below. Please refer to the health plan’s Evidence of Coverage (EOC) booklet for a complete explanation of the benefits covered, as well as limitations and exclusions that apply. For additional information on CalPERS health plans, please refer to the CalPERS open enrollment materials, or visit the CalPERS website at: http://www.calpers.ca.gov.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California are introducing Welvie, an online tool that will help educate members and place more power in their hands when it comes to minimizing unnecessary and inappropriate surgeries.
- Inclusion of Acupuncture and Chiropractic benefits for the PERS/Cares, Choice, and Select Plans and all three Medicare Supplemental plans Choice/Care/Select plans.
a. Acupuncture or Chiropractic services will provide twenty (20) annual visits (combined) for these services, regardless of medical necessity, at the standard office visit copay level ($15).
- PERS Select is expanding into San Diego County.
- Blue Shield of California will be enhancing the Prescription (Rx) benefit with a 90-day supply options allowing members the option to fill their prescriptions at select retail pharmacies.
- United Healthcare has expanded its service area to also encompass Kings, Marin and San Diego Counties.
a. United Healthcare Rx to offer a 90-day supply option at select participating retail pharmacies at the mail order price.
- Health Net SmartCare is expanding into Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Napa, Sacramento,San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Tulare and Yolo Counties.
Voluntary Benefits – The following voluntary benefits are offered through payroll
Additional information regarding these voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be found on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/. Please note that all of the above voluntary benefit plans, with the exception of the MetLaw Legal plan, allow employees to enroll throughout the year.
- MetLaw Legal Plan - This is your annual opportunity to enroll in the MetLaw Legal Plan for a low monthly premium of $21.70. The MetLaw Legal Plan offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., provides representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents. Employees that do not enroll in the plan during open enrollment, will not have another opportunity to enroll in the plan until next year’s open enrollment period.
- CalPERS On-Line Videos for Open Enrollment
CalPERS offers the Health Plan Decision Tools Promotional Video Series which presents information on the Health Plan Chooser, rates and 2016 Health Benefit Summary. The videos will be available on the CalPERS website at www.calpers.ca.gov for viewing by campus benefit representatives and employees in September. To access the video, go to www.calpers.ca.gov and select the “Members”, then scroll down and select “View CalPERSNetwork Videos. Enter “Health Care Decision Videos”, in the search box and hit enter. Links to the videos will also be available on CalPERS social media channels: www.facebook.com/mycalpers; www.twitter.com/calpers; www.youtube.com/calpersnetwork.
Benefits Information Worksheet [PDF]
HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Form [PDF]
HCRA/DCRA ASI Claim Form [PDF]
HCRA/DCRA Debit Card Claim Form [PDF]
FlexCash Enrollment Form [PDF]
If you have any questions regarding Open Enrollment or Employee Benefits, please contact Human Resources at (310) 243-3771.