We are thrilled to welcome you to the Toro family! Our programs are designed to answer all your questions, receive academic advising, register for classes, meet fellow new and current students with the intention of giving you a strong start as you begin your journey at CSUDH. We require all Conditionally Admitted transfers to attend New Student Orientation (NSO), a program designed just for you.
Although you have been to college before, there are some important differences at CSUDH. NSO for transfer students is mandatory and designed to help you navigate those differences, while maximizing your time and your success. At NSO, you will also meet with advisors from your major and/or academic college which is required before you can register for classes.
Attending Transfer Student Orientation gives you an advantage with:
- Hands-on help with online registration for your fall courses.
- Academic assistance to help you choose the right classes for your degree and interests.
- Interactive tours of our beautiful campus.
- Answers to your questions provided by our friendly student services staff.
- Tools for your successful journey and your student I.D.
You’ll need to meet a number of requirements before you can reserve your spot for Transfer New Student Orientation (NSO):
- Activate your my.CSUDH.EDU account. Your login information was included in your acknowledgement letter.
- If you have not already done so, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application by March 2 and supporting documentation by May 11, 2017
- Submit your Intent to Enroll on MyCSUDH.EDU by May 1.
All students are required to attend the entire program. Children and pets are not permitted (except for service animals with acceptable service documentation provided 10 days prior to your orientation date). Orientation is a requirement, not attending will result in not being able to enroll for Fall, 2017.
Missing these requirements as well as university deadlines may keep you from attending CSUDH.
You will receive an email with information on how to reserve your spot online. Be sure to check your Toro email for this notice. To reserve a spot for NSO you must have completed your Intent to Enroll. If you believe you have submitted your intent to enroll, but have not received a NSO registration email by May 3, 2017 please call (310) 243-2113.
Spots for orientation can only be reserved online. They cannot be reserved by emailing or calling CSUDH. Transfers must register for NSO by June 1, 2017.
Orientation sessions are scheduled in June and July. Students may select the date that works best for them, on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend reserving your orientation spot online early so you can select dates that meet your schedule. Spaces are limited at each program, so we encourage you to register as soon as you can.
The orientation program for first-year conditionally admitted students is a full day program from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m; you must stay for the entire program- no exceptions. A continental breakfast, lunch and DH memorabilia are included in orientation.
The 2017 Transfer Orientation dates are by Academic College:
|June 20||College of Arts & Humanities / College of Health, Human Services & Nursing|
|June 21||College of Business Administration & Public Policy|
|June 22||College of Education / College of Natural & Behavior Sciences|
|June 28||ALL COLLEGES|
|July 11||College of Education / College of Natural & Behavior Sciences|
|July 12||College of Arts & Humanitie / College of Health, Human Services & Nursing|
|July 13||College of Business Administration & Public Policy|
|July 15||ALL COLLEGES|
Find out what college your major falls under CLICK HERE!
We highly recommend not making summer travel plans until an orientation reservation has been confirmed.
The fee for New Student Orientation $99. The fee must be paid by August 18, 2017. All Orientation fees are non-refundable unless you notify NSO in writing that you will not be attending 10 business days prior to your scheduled orientation date. To notify NSO, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CSUDH student ID number in your email.
- If your Admission status changes after you have participated in NSO, your fee remains non-refundable.
- You remain responsible for the Orientation fee if you decide not to attend CSUDH and do not notify NSO to cancel your reservation also within the 10 business days time frame stated above.