We are thrilled to welcome you to the Toro family! Our programs are designed to answer all your questions, receive academic advising, register for classes, meet fellow new and current students with the intention of giving you a strong start as you begin your journey at CSUDH. We require all Conditionally Admitted first-time freshmen to attend New Student Orientation (NSO), a program designed just for you and your parents or guardians.
Freshman NSO is mandatory for conditionally admitted students, but it’s also a great introduction to CSUDH and an essential part of your success on campus. You will receive:
- Hands-on help with online registration for your fall courses.
- Academic assistance to help you choose the right classes for your degree and interests.
- Useful information on your financial aid options and how to accept awards.
- Introduction to student life and the many clubs, organizations, activities and events happening right here on campus.
- Interactive tours of our beautiful campus
- Answers to your questions provided by our friendly student services staff.
- Tools for your successful journey and your student I.D.
- Information on how to jump-start your course work and requirements by attending our innovative Dominguez Hills First Year Experience (#DHFYE) summer programs.
You’ll need to meet a number of requirements before you can reserve your spot for Freshman New Student Orientation (NSO):
- Activate your my.CSUDH.EDU account. Your login information was included in your acknowledgement letter.
- If you have not already done so, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application by March 2 and supporting documentation by May 11, 2017
- Take the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) exam. The deadline to take the exams is May 6. Make sure you send your scores to CSUDH. If you are uncertain about your status, check your portal at MyCSUDH.edu.
- Submit your Intent to Enroll on MyCSUDH.EDU by May 1.
All students are required to attend the entire program. Children and pets are not permitted (except for service animals with acceptable service documentation provided 10 days prior to your orientation date). Orientation is a requirement, not attending will result in not being able to enroll for Fall, 2017.
You will receive an email with information on how to reserve your spot online. Be sure to check your Toro email for this notice. To reserve a spot for NSO you must have completed your Intent to Enroll and have received your EPT/ELM scores. If you believe you have completed both items, but have not received an email by May 1, 2017 please call (310) 243-2113.
Spots for orientation can only be reserved online. They cannot be reserved by emailing or calling CSUDH. Freshman must register for NSO by June 1, 2017.
Orientation sessions are scheduled in June and July. Students may select the date that works best for them, on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend reserving your orientation spot online early so you can select dates that meet your schedule. Spaces are limited at each program, so we encourage you to register as soon as you can.
We highly recommend not making summer travel plans until after you attend New Student Orientation.
The orientation program for first-year conditionally admitted students is a full day program from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m; you must stay for the entire program- no exceptions. A continental breakfast, lunch and DH gear are included in orientation.The 2017 Freshman Orientation dates are:
- Friday, June 2
- Friday, June 9
- Friday, June 16
- Saturday, June 17
- Friday, June 23
We highly recommend not making summer travel plans until an orientation reservation has been confirmed.
The fee for New Student Orientation $99. The fee must be paid by August 18, 2017. All Orientation fees are non-refundable unless you notify NSO in writing that you will not be attending 10 business days prior to your scheduled orientation date. To notify NSO, email email@example.com and include your CSUDH student ID number in your email.
- If your Admission status changes after you have participated in NSO, your fee remains non-refundable.
- You remain responsible for the Orientation fee if you decide not to attend CSUDH and do not notify NSO to cancel your reservation.
We absolutely want your parents to celebrate your accomplishments, so we have created a Parent Orientation that runs concurrent to Freshman New Student Orientation. The program is specifically designed to meet the needs of your parent, guardian, or sponsor; however it will be a separate program from Freshman NSO. Parent Orientations are held on select Freshman NSO dates, and are conducted in both English and Spanish.
The cost for Parent Orientation is $30 per guest. Students are allowed a maximum of 2 guests. Children under 15 years old are not permitted to attend any Orientation programs. Parent Orientation cancelations made at least 10-days prior to the confirmed registration date receive a portion of the payment as a refund (minus an administrative processing fee). All other cancelations are non-refundable.