Our university's most prestigious full-fee scholarship.
Eligible students will be selected to attend an on-campus interview in March 2017 with the Presidential Scholarship Committee.
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Free here.]
The Presidential Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship
program offered at CSUDH. The scholarship is awarded to
students who demonstrate academic excellence, community
and campus involvement, and strong leadership qualities. The
Presidential Scholarship is awarded to freshmen for four years, and to transfer students for two years.
Presidential Scholarship Benefits
- Full payment of in-state & CSUDH mandatory registration fees
- New Student Orientation fees paid
- Annual book allowance
- Laptop computer
- $500 University Housing discount
- Student parking permit (fall and spring semesters)
- Special recognition at commencement as a Presidential Scholar
- Recognition reception with President Hagan
- Fall semester lunch with President Hagan
- Invitations to attend special events as guest of the president
- Priority registration
- Personalized academic advising
High School Graduates:
• Minimum of 3.5 GPA,
• Minimum 1000 SAT I* or 25 ACT.
• 3.5 GPA and 60 transferable units.
*SAT scores are Math plus Critical Reading scores only, with a
minimum score of 500 in each.
|How To Apply|
Along with the Presidential Scholarship application available here, a completed application package must contain:
• Please attach a two-page essay (double-spaced, 12-point
font size) stating your reasons for applying to California State
University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) and the Presidential
Scholarship Program, how CSUDH will help you achieve your
educational and career goals, and how you plan to contribute
to the CSUDH community of talented and diverse students
and scholars and your local community.
• A résumé highlighting your awards and honors, school/college- related activities, community service, work experience,
leadership and other notable achievements.
• Please provide one letter of recommendation from someone
that knows you well and can attest to your academic,
leadership and community endeavors.
Eligible students will be selected to attend an on-campus
interview in March 2017 with the Presidential Scholarship
All documents must be postmarked by January 19, 2017, and
Financial Aid Office, WH B-250
1000 E. Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747