Campus Systems Users Group (CSUG) Notes
April 13, 2010 Meeting Notes
Members Present: Danielle Brinney, Brian Cruz, Donna Cruz, Diane Davison, Marco Dowell, Robert Downs, Adria Edwards, Merry Eyman, Tracey Haney, Delores Lee, Gary Lo, Lien Luong, Penny Mackaig, Brandy McLelland, Juan Carlos Mejia, Terry Molano, Timothy Mozia, Thanh Nguy, Cecilia Patz, Helen Remigio, Gentry Robertson, Robert Ronquillo, Ormond Rucker, Ken Simms, Marion Smith, Lisa Stallworth, Michelle Taylor, Yvette Velarde
The meeting was chaired by Brandy McLelland, Interim Director, Student Information Services.
HR - Robert Ronquillo
- HR is currently testing CMS-released Maintenance Pack 8.04
- This affects Time & Labor and provides major updates to our Absence Management Modules.
- Monthly Human Resource User Group Meeting, April 6, 2010:
- CMS Central is actively working on the HCM 9.0 upgrade
- Retrofitting of HR modifications:
- Completed retrofitting of the majority of HR mods by the code freeze date (3/31/2010) for the 2nd Upgrade Pass.
- Work is still in progress on the retrofitting & testing of the Absence Mgmt modifications.
- Development/retrofitting will continue during April.
- The 2nd upgrade pass is scheduled to begin in early April 2010. It will include a tools upgrade to PeopleTools 8.50.
Finance - Robert Ronquillo for Robert Masuda
- With regards to the Common Financials System (CFS) Project, Dominguez Hills is scheduled to consolidate into the systemwide CSU database in April 2011.
- CFS is moving to a single common code beginning on July 1, 2010.
- The CSUDH CMS staff has recently completed training for CFS which was held from March 22-24, 2010.
- Robert Masuda and Finance functional users are continuing to work on CFS Modification Reviews.
Admissions - Michelle Taylor
- The Fall 2010 application period for freshmen and transfer students is now closed.
- Graduate student application deadlines vary by department.
- Admissions has a new employee: David Chang, who transferred from the Advisement office.
Course Catalog - Tracey Haney
- Faculty members have completed their reviews of the catalog. Online copies of the Fall 2010 catalog will be distributed to editors tomorrow, with a due date of April 30. The curriculum deadline is the end of May, and the online catalog will go live in July.
- The catalog will be updated annually online and every two years for the printed edition. The online catalog is always the most recent and is therefore the official catalog.
Class Schedule - Yvette Velarde
- The Fall 2010 class schedule, featuring an enhanced search feature, is now online.
- Work on the Spring 2011 class schedule begins next month.
Student Records - Danielle Brinney
- Summer 2010 registration is underway.
- Registration appointments for Fall 2010 begin on April 26.
- There's a new online request for transcript form. Students will receive their transcripts faster, and the new service fee is $2, rather than the Clearinghouse's $2.50 fee. Links to the new request form have been placed on the MyCSUDH home page and the Records home page.
Transfer Credit/Advising - Diane Davison
- A form for incomplete grade agreements is now online. Diane appreciates Timothy Mozia's live tests of the form.
Financial Aid - Delores Lee
- The office is offering budgeting workshops this month and a Financial Aid 101 workshop next month.
- A critical fix to PS is coming from the CO.
Student Financials - Cecilia Patz
- Whereas the deadline for a first payment used to be three weeks before classes start, it is now July 1 for the fall semester. A person who registers after July 1 for the fall semester has to pay within 48 hours.
- Penny Mackaig indicates there are students who should have financial holds on registration but they don't.
- Students have to meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to retain their financial aid.
College of Extended & International Education (CEIE) - Timothy Mozia
- Registration for Summer 2010 is underway now.
- Many CEIE classes are ending on April 17.
Hershey - Helen Palad
- Helen explained that Hershey is an imaging system used to archive records for Financial Aid, Human Resources Management, and Admissions and Records--one system with different logins for each of the three databases.
Hobson's - Donna Cruz
- On March 17, Donna used Hobson's to send out new student orientation invitations to over 11,000 Fall 2010 students. Forty-four percent of the e-mails were opened.
- Marco Dowell indicates that 180 new students signed up for the May 15 NSO. Invitations were sent to transfer students and 150 EOP students. Ninety percent of the invited population were transfer students.
- The financial aid award e-mail went out April 1.
- Donna sent a Summer Bridge e-mail to 5,000 students.
Advising - Merry Eyman
- The office completed 42 probation advising workshops, plus 8 makeup workshops. Yet some students still say they haven't been able to attend one of the 50 mandatory sessions. Eight more makeup workshops have been scheduled for May 4-6.
- Mandatory workshops for undeclared freshmen are taking place this month.
- Deadlines will be strictly enforced in the Office of Admissions.
- Colleges are doing mandatory advising now.
- The office continues to accept walk-in appointments.
Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) - Brian Cruz
- One hundred thirty students form the Fall 2010 EOP cohort. They have been invited to the May 15 NSO. Brandy asked Brian to give their names to Danielle Brinney so that she can clear the way for them to register for classes at NSO.
- Scores for EPT/ELM tests taken in April and May will not be available until May 24. Students cannot register without having taken the test. Students who will not have test results by May 15 should bring a receipt for the tests with them, or Terry Molano can look up their proof online at NSO, allowing them to register for 6 units. (Most EOP students took the tests in January.)
- Gary Lo indicates that a database refresh takes a long time. If you need a DB refresh, be sure to let Brandy know so that she can schedule the time when it has least impact on everyone.
- Brandy says that the upgrade to 9.0 has been moved to April 2012.
- Re the HEOA requirement that textbook IDs be available in online class schedules: CSUDH will include links to eFollett in Web locations to be determined.
Knowledge Transfer - New Hire Orientation - Adria Edwards
- Four-hour new hire orientations are offered monthly by HRM.
Next meeting: Tuesday, May 11, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., LUSU
Back to top