Campus Systems Users Group (CSUG) Notes
December 14, 2010 Meeting Notes
Members Present: Jim Bersig, Brian Cruz, Diane Davison, Marco Dowell, Adria Edwards, Loren Edwards, Tracey Haney, Michael Kelley, Ed Liao, Brandy McLelland, Terry Molano, Timothy Mozia, Gayle Ball Parker, Helen Remigio, Gentry Robertson, Ormond Rucker, Ken Simms, Marion Smith, Lisa Stallworth, Michelle Taylor, Frances Twillie, Yvette Velarde
Non-Member Present: Valerie Long
The meeting was chaired by Brandy McLelland, Interim Director, Student Information Systems.
Finance - Jim Bersig for Robert Masuda
- Robert is working on the Common Financial System (CFS) consolidated database. We're in pass 2, preparing for system testing for a go-live in April 2011.
Admissions - Michelle Taylor
- Spring and Fall 2011 applications are being reviewed now.
Course Catalog - Tracey Haney
- Tracey is working on the 2011-2013 catalog. Catalog copy will be sent to faculty when they return the week of January 18, 2011.
Class Schedule - Yvette Velarde
- Yvette is building the Summer and Fall 2011 class schedules.
Student Records - Brandy McLelland
- Final grades are due next week. Grades will be posted online on a nightly basis beginning Tuesday, December 21.
Transfer Credit/Advising - Diane Davison
- Diane is getting ready for PeopleSoft V9.0.
Continuing Education (CEE) - Timothy Mozia
- CEE is doing its usual processing right now. CEE awaits word about Summer 2011. Will classes be processed through CEE or will they have state support? The President's Cabinet will decide.
- CEE will post grades nightly next week at around 9 p.m. (Brandy notes that stateside posting should occur at about 3 p.m.)
Hobson's - Brandy McLelland
- Last week an e-mail was sent to 50,000 prospective students, telling them that we're still accepting applications for Fall 2011.
IRAP - Lisa Stallworth
- The IRAP website has been updated with current information.
Advising - Loren Edwards
- All but 54 freshmen have now taken the mandatory freshman advising.
- In the spring the office will be performing grad check workshops and freshman advising. The office will also offer new workshops for undeclared sophomores and for remedial students.
EOP - Brian Cruz
- EOP is now in the Fall 2011 admission cycle:
- Deadlines: The EOP application deadline was November 30. Students have until January 31 to submit supporting documents.
- Stats: 11,377 prospects expressed interest in EOP, 8,722 of those are eligible for EOP, and 1,968 of those requested EOP applications.
- Ineligibility notes were sent out this week.
- Application acknowledgements will be sent out the week of December 20.
- Invitations to EOP orientations will be sent out the week of January 31.
NSO - Marco Dowell
- Sixty students came to the December 10 NSO; the NSO went smoothly.
- A small group is expected to attend the Spring 2011 NSO on January 14.
- We expect about 2,000 new students in the Summer 2011 term.
- Dates (10-12 of them) will be set soon for summer 2011 NSOs (for Fall 2011 admittees).
Technical - Michael Kelley
- 12/19/10 – 12 am – 6 am – Monthly data center maintenance. PeopleSoft system may be up and down during this period.
- 12/20/10 – UMP 10.03, MP 11, and UMP 11.01 to be applied to production [U = "unscheduled"]. The PeopleSoft HCM (Human Resource and Student) system will be unavailable from 8 pm to midnight.
- Starting at 10 pm on 12/25/10 through 6 am on 12/27/2010, the PeopleSoft HCM (Human Resource and Student) and Finance systems will be unavailable due to Application Server Solaris OS upgrades at the Utah data center.
- Starting at 9 pm on 12/31/10 through 9 am on 1/2/2011, the PeopleSoft Finance system will be unavailable due to Database Solaris OS upgrades at the Utah data center.
Knowledge Transfer - HR Business Processes - Adria Edwards and Ormond Rucker
- HR transactions are sent to Payroll, and ordinarily both old information and new information must be in the same report.
- Three HR forms have been created since PeopleSoft was launched:
- EHire - for new hires
- EFast - transactions for current faculty and staff
- EConcurrent - for an employee who holds two positions
- The department fills out the form, after which Report Manager gathers other information and produces a comprehensive report.
- Brandy requests that we send training topic suggestions to her before the January meeting.
- Yvette notes that new PeopleSoft guides are now available on the CO's website. The guides are password protected. E-mail Jim Bersig or Brandy McLelland if you need the password.
- Timothy warns that we should expect heavy processing in PeopleSoft beginning the week of January 3.
Next meeting: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., LSU
Back to top