Campus Systems Users Group (CSUG) Notes
October 12, 2010 Meeting Notes
Members Present: Jim Bersig, Donna Cruz, Yuki DeSoto, Marco Dowell, Adria Edwards, Loren Edwards, Michael Galant, Tracey Haney, Michael Kelley, Penny Mackaig, Juan Carlos Mejia, Timothy Mozia, Cecilia Patz, Helen Remigio, Gentry Robertson, Robert Ronquillo, Ken Simms, Marion Smith, Lisa Stallworth, Michelle Taylor, Brian Thiele, Frances Twillie, Yvette Velarde
The meeting was chaired by Jim Bersig, Director, Administrative Information Systems.
Jim distributed printouts of the Chancellor's Office (CO) document "Campus Resources for HCM 9.0 Upgrade: It Takes Planning to Get Where you Want to Be!" Jim notes that there are several broken links on the site, now reported to the CO, and Jim asks us to let him know if there are topics we'd like to see added to the site.
HR - Robert Ronquillo
- Our HCM Production Environment is currently up-to-date with maintenance pack (MP) 10.00. This MP mainly affects benefits and workforce administration for HR and time and labor for Payroll.
- We are finalizing the Delta Dental Benefits Interface Project.
- We are working on the IPEDS (Integrated Post Secondary Education Data System) Reporting Project, which is mandated by the CO.
Finance - Jim Bersig for Robert Masuda
- Robert is absent from the meeting due to working on Common Financial System (CFS) consolidated database today. Next week will test the integration with the other seven CSU campuses. CFS goes live in April 2011.
Admissions - Michelle Taylor
- Spring and Fall 2011 applications are being accepted now.
Class Schedule - Yvette Velarde
- The Spring 2011 class schedule will be launched this week.
Financial Aid - Juan Carlos Mejia
- The Financial Aid office is closing out 2009-2010 Pell processing by October 31.
- 2010-2011 processing is going well.
Hershey - Jim Bersig
Hershey will be on campus on a site visit on October 28. Imaging users are welcome to participate in the visit. Hershey will present a retention plan for us in addition to other topics. Recently acquired by Hyland Software, we should hear an update related to the acquisition.
Hobson's - Donna Cruz
- Donna listed the many mass e-mails and postcards she's sent to students and prospective students in the past months. The e-mails included invitations to campus tours and invitations to apply now plus information about academic minors and MyCSUDH logins.
Advising - Loren Edwards
- The office is in the middle of mandatory freshman advising, seeing about 80 students/day.
- The office just rolled out grad check workshops. These workshops are not mandatory.
- The online transfer tutorial will be launched soon.
NSO - Marco Dowell
- Planning for spring semester NSOs begins next week.
Technical - Michael Kelley
- HCM MP 10 is now in production. Michael will apply 10.01 and 10.02 updates this week.
Knowledge Transfer - Upgrade to HCM 9.0
- Jim started the knowledge transfer by distributing two documents:
- HCM 9.0 Upgrade Project Goals & Upgrade Cycle
- Campus Resources for HCM 9.0 Upgrade: It Takes Planning to Get Where you Want to Be!
- The 14-month project begins January 5, 2011, with a kickoff meeting with the CO.
- Pass 1 will run from February 7 - March 7, 2011. We'll meet with the CO during pass 1, and we'll work to clean up our database.
- With Pass 2, we'll verify that the functionality works on its own. August 1-29 will be dates for Pass 2 upgrades.
- Pass 3 will be upgraded February 6-20, 2012.
- Project completion is scheduled for March 29, 2012.
- Visit the CO's website, http://cms.calstate.edu, to get complete information.
- We're in Group 5 of the project; i.e., we'll have the experience of earlier campus implementations available to us.
- The CSUG knowledge transfer continued with short talks by functional users. A Powerpoint slide show accompanied the presentations.
Wrapup on Upgrade to HCM 9.0
- Last month Brandy asked attendees to bring documented business processes to this meeting. Yvette asked if that task could be postponed due to the volume of CO documents that would have to be reviewed by each functional lead. Jim's answer was "yes." Jim also suggested that Yvette and others contact other CSU campuses for ideas. Adria says she got the documents she needed by calling the CO directly.
- A project website will be in place by the November CSUG meeting.
- Timothy is concerned that the last date to drop is not mentioned in the slides. That date is very important to CEIE. Yvette says it's documented under enrollment, and she pointed out that the slides are not a comprehensive overview of the project.
- Tracey asked about variable unit courses, mentioned in CO documentation but sounding very risky to Tracey. Helen told Tracey to e-mail her concerns to Diane Davison.
- The issue of adding photos to class rosters has not been resolved.
Next meeting: Tuesday, November 9, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., LSU
Back to top