Repeat and Cancel
Repeat and Cancel may be used by students working toward a baccalaureate degree. It may not be used by graduate/post-baccalaureate students working on master’s degrees, graduate certificates, teaching credentials, or by “undeclared” graduate students, even when they might take undergraduate courses.
- In the case of a repeated course, the subsequent grade is substituted for the earlier one in the computation of units attempted and grade point average. The previous course grade(s) remain(s) on the record, but is/are annotated as being discounted from grade point average calculations.
- Repeat and Cancel may only be used on courses taken at CSU Dominguez Hills and repeated at CSU Dominguez Hills through Open University, regular university or special sessions.
- Beginning Fall 2009, Repeat and Cancel may be used for no more than 16 semester units taken at CSU Dominguez Hills during the entire undergraduate degree program.
- Undergraduate students may be permitted to repeat an additional 12 units, i.e. units in addition to the 16 units for which grade forgiveness is permitted. In such instances the repeat grade shall not replace the original grade. Instead, both grades shall be calculated into the student’s overall grade-point average.
- Undergraduate students may repeat an individual course no more than two times.
- Repeat and Cancel may be used only on grades of “WU,” “F,” “D,” “D+,” “C-,” “IC."
- Students must complete a Notice of Repeated Course form for each course repeated that meets all Repeat and Cancel policy guidelines if the original course was taken prior to Fall 2008 or if they wish to select which eligible courses are to be excluded from the grade point average computation.
- A grade entered as a result of the student disciplinary procedures under Executive Order No. 628 cannot be cancelled and will be included in the grade point average.
- Graduate and post baccalaureate students may repeat courses; however, the two grades will be averaged into the total grade point average. Credit for the courses will be granted only once and courses may be repeated only once.