When Can I Waitlist?
Waitlists are created during registration when a class has filled up. Once a waitlist has formed, you can only add yourself to the waitlist. Students will be moved nightly into open seats from the waitlists. Open seats will be filled from the waitlist until the waitlist is exhausted or until the waitlist deadline, whichever comes first.
Friday, August 23, 2013 - Last Day to waitlist full classes (all waitlist will be cancelled after this date).
How Does Wait Listing Work?
Most scheduled class sections have waitlists (some nursing classes do not have waitlists), which are defined by each college for each class.
- You may register for up to 18 units (enrollment unit limit); however, waitlisted classes are included in your enrollment unit limit. You are not charged fees on waitlisted classes because you are not officially enrolled in the class.
- You must meet any requisites for the class before you can be placed on the waitlist, e.g. class pre-requisites, co-requisites, major and class level restrictions.
- If a seat becomes available, the student highest on the waitlist will get the seat (subject to the Waitlist Conditions).
- If openings occur in a class with a waitlist, seats will not be available to students who happen to log in if there is someone on the waitlist until all waitlisted students have been added by the nightly update process.
- If you are moved from the waitlist into the class, you will receive email notification through your student email account.
- You will not be billed for waitlisted classes but will be billed if moved from the waitlist into a class and the additional units result in higher registration fees. It is important to check your class schedule and account summary regularly via my.csudh.edu to avoid possible cancellation of a newly added class(es).
- If you are moved from the waitlist into a class, it is your responsibility to drop the class (as with any other class) if you decide not to attend. Failure to do so will result in a "WU" grade on your record which will lower your grade point average.
- There is no guarantee you will be moved off the waitlist and enrolled into the class. Once the waitlists have been cancelled (Friday before classes) and classes have begun, instructors are not required to add students who were waitlisted for the class.
Every night during registration, students will be moved from the waitlist into the class if space becomes available and in the order placed, unless either of the following conditions occurs:
- Time conflict with another registered class - since potential time conflicts are not checked when you place yourself on a waitlist; you should ensure that waitlisted classes do not conflict with your enrolled schedule.
- Different sections of the same course - if you are already enrolled in a class, the system will allow you to waitlist for a different section of the same course. However, you will not be moved from the waitlist if space becomes available. The system will not allow you to officially enroll in different sections of the same course unless the enrolled course is dropped.
- If you don't meet the pre-requisite of a class, you will remain on the waitlist.
If you cannot be moved from the waitlist, for the reasons given above, you will be skipped and the next student considered. You will not be considered until the next time space becomes available in the class (and you will not be added until you have removed the time conflict duplicate course or pre-requisite conditions.
Check your schedule regularly at MyCSUDH to monitor your position on a waitlist. If you decide you no longer wish to wait for space to become available, you may drop yourself from a waitlist.