Passport Center Hours | Application Process | Fees & Costs | Forms | Questions
NOTE THE NEW LOCATION ON THE CSUDH CAMPUS:
NEW YEAR, NEW LOCATION! The Passport Hub Center has a new home... we've relocated to the Small College Complex - Room SCC-136A (see map below).
Traveling abroad and need a United States passport? You can submit your application right at California State University Dominguez Hills located in Carson, CA!
Visiting the Passport Center
The Passport Center at CSUDH is conveniently located in the Small College Complex on the northeast section of the campus. The Passport Center is within walking distance of the Office of Extended and International Education (printable PDF map).
Questions or want to make an appointment? Call (310) 243-2570
Passport applications are only accepted:
- 9:00am and 3:00pm -
Monday through Friday
- 9:00am and 1:00pm -
Saturday (by appt. only)
BE ON TIME: Appointments that are 30 minutes late will need to be rescheduled.
Regarding Passport Renewals:
Please note that passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center. See instructions below under Form DS-82.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO RENEW THROUGH OUR CENTER, THERE WILL BE A $25.00 FEE.
Important Note: Do NOT submit any passport application information to our office via email. We cannot accept applications via email. You must bring your application to the Passport Hub Center in person.
Applying for a Passport
View/Download our CSUDH Passport Hub Checklist Flyer ►
To apply for a United States Passport, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
- Submit Completed Form DS-11 in person—
Visit the CSUDH Extended Education Passport Hub Center during office hours
- Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship—
Certified Birth Certificate (copies are not acceptable)
- Present Identification—
Photo ID (Driver's License or Military ID)
- Submit a Photocopy of the Identification Document(s)—
(Photocopies can be made by us for a fee)
- Pay the Applicable Fee—
Two checks or two money orders only—NO CASH ACCEPTED (see fee chart below)
- Provide One (1) Passport Photo—
(Photo services are available onsite for a $10 fee - check/money order only)
Important: Cash is not accepted nor credit/debit cards; only check/money order. There is a $25.00 Process Fee per Application payable to CSUDH Foundation.
Checks or Money Orders are OK No Credit Cards or Cash No Cash
You will need to bring two checks or two money orders with you: one payable to the U.S. Department of State, and the other payable to CSUDH Foundation.
| ||Total Fee||Passport Fee|
Payable to U.S. Department of State
|U.S. Passport Book|
|Adults age 16 & over - first time||$135||$110||$25|
|Adults age 16 & over - renewal||$110||$110||$25 (onsite)|
|Minors under age 16||$105||$80||$25|
|U.S. Passport Card|
|Adults age 16 & over - first time||$55||$30||$25|
|Adults age 16 & over - renewal||$30||$30||$25 (onsite)|
|Minors under age 16||$40||$15||$25|
|Optional Service Fees|
|File Search Fee||$150||$150||$0|
|Overnight Delivery Return Fee|
(passport book only)
Submitting Forms (PDFs)
- Applying for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time
- Current U.S. passport is valid but has been lost, stolen or damaged
- Previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Used to report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card
- Submitted with Form DS-11 and supporting documents to replace a previously lost or stolen passport
- Used alone to report the loss or theft of a passport even if you do not want a replacement passport
- Minors under age 16
- Completed by the non-appearing parent
- Must be notarized within the last 90 days, and must be accompanied by a copy of the non-appearing parent's photo ID
- Submitted with Form DS-11
- To renew an existing, 10-year passport
- To replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old
- Only use if current passport was issued less than 15 years ago
- Only use if name on the application and the previous passport are the exact same (unless you are submitting a legal name change document or marriage certificate)
- Only if the passport is undamaged and can be submitted by mail with Form DS-82
- Passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155
- In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope
- To request a name change
- To correct data errors (typos)
- To replace limited-validity passports (if eligible)
- You may submit Form DS-5504 by mail
- To add visa pages to a valid passport
- The cost for additional visa pages is $82
- You may submit Form DS-4085 by mail
How long does it take to go through the application process in the Passport Hub Center?
If you have completed all necessary forms and have the required documentation, fees (checks and/or money orders) and approved passport photo ready, you can expect an average of 15 minutes to complete the process! (An additional 10 minutes should be added if we are providing photo services for you.) Please allot approximately 30 minutes for your overall appointment time.
Please note: Applicants who are 30 minutes late to a requested appointment will need to be rescheduled for a later date. Please be on time!
How long does it take to receive my passport book/card?
Regular shipping takes 6–8 weeks to process. Expedited shipping takes 2–3 weeks, with a required $60 fee. An overnight rush shipping option is also available for an additional $15.45. The passport book/card will be sent to the mailing address you provided on your application.
When is the best time to visit the Passport Hub Center?
Our hours are listed above; Saturdays are currently our busiest days. For your convenience, you are welcome to call (310) 243-2570 and make an appointment to save time. Please be aware that we expect to be very busy when people are preparing for peak travel times (holidays, vacations, international events and celebrations, etc.) — please plan ahead!
What if I have questions for the State Department?
Visit the U.S. Department of State's website, call their customer service line at 877.487.2778, call our office at 310.243.2570, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Download Adobe Reader Free ]