Visiting the Passport Center

Traveling abroad and need a United States passport? You can submit your application right at California State University Dominguez Hills located in Carson, CA!

CSUDH Extended Education and Passport Center Facilities

The Passport Center at CSUDH is conveniently located in the Small College Complex on the northeast section of the campus. The Passport Center adjacent to Loker Student Union, and is within walking distance of the Office of Extended and International Education (printable PDF map).

Questions or want to make an appointment? Call (310) 243-2570 or email

Passport applications are only accepted:

  • 9:00am to 3:00pm - Monday through Friday | Walk-ins are welcome until 2pm
  • 9:00am to 1:00pm - Saturday | By appointment only
  • CLOSED on Sunday & University Holidays

Appointments that are 30 minutes late will need to be rescheduled.

Schedule an Appointment Now!

Regarding Passport Renewals:

Please note that passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center. See instructions below under Form DS-82.


Important Note: Do NOT submit any passport application information to our office via email. We cannot accept applications via email. You must bring your application to the Passport Hub Center in person.

  Applying for a Passport

View/Download our CSUDH Passport Hub Checklist Flyer ►

To apply for a United States Passport, you will need to follow these steps:

  • Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
  • Submit Completed Form DS-11 in person
    Visit the CSUDH Extended Education Passport Hub Center during office hours
  • Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
    Certified Birth Certificate (copies are not acceptable)
  • Present Identification
    Photo ID (Driver's License or Military ID)
  • Submit a Photocopy of the Identification Document(s)
    (Photocopies can be made by us for a fee)
  • Pay the Applicable Fee
    Two checks or two money orders only—NO CASH ACCEPTED (see fee chart below)
  • Provide One (1) Passport Photo
    (Photo services are available onsite for a $10 fee - check/money order only)

  Paying Fees

Important: Cash is not accepted nor credit/debit cards; only check/money order. There is a $25.00 Process Fee per Application payable to CSUDH Foundation.

  Checks or Money Orders are OK     No Credit Cards or Cash     No Cash

You will need to bring two checks or two money orders with you: one payable to the U.S. Department of State, and the other payable to CSUDH Foundation.

 Total FeePassport Fee
Payable to U.S. Department of State
Execution Fee
Payable to
CSUDH Foundation
U.S. Passport Book
Adults age 16 & over - first time$135$110$25
Adults age 16 & over - renewal$110$110$25 (onsite)
Minors under age 16$105$80$25
U.S. Passport Card
Adults age 16 & over - first time$55$30$25
Adults age 16 & over - renewal$30$30$25 (onsite)
Minors under age 16$40$15$25
Optional Service Fees
File Search Fee$150$150$0
Expedite Processing$60$60$0
Overnight Delivery Return Fee
(passport book only)
Onsite Passport Photography$10$0$10


  Submitting Forms (PDFs)

Form DS-11 - U.S. Passport Application:

  • Applying for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time
  • Current U.S. passport is valid but has been lost, stolen or damaged
  • Previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

Form DS-64 - U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals:

  • Used to report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card
  • Submitted with Form DS-11 and supporting documents to replace a previously lost or stolen passport
  • Used alone to report the loss or theft of a passport even if you do not want a replacement passport

Form DS-3053 - Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16:

  • Minors under age 16
  • Completed by the non-appearing parent
  • Must be notarized within the last 90 days, and must be accompanied by a copy of the non-appearing parent's photo ID (front and back)
  • Submitted with Form DS-11

Form DS-82 - U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals (By Mail):

  • To renew an existing, 10-year passport
  • To replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old
  • Only use if current passport was issued less than 15 years ago
  • Only use if name on the application and the previous passport are the exact same (unless you are submitting a legal name change document or marriage certificate)
  • Only if the passport is undamaged and can be submitted by mail with Form DS-82
  • Passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155
  • In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope

Form DS-5504 - Application for a U.S. Passport - Corrections, Name Change within 1 Year of Passport Issuance, and Limited Passport Holders:

  • To request a name change
  • To correct data errors (typos)
  • To replace limited-validity passports (if eligible)
  • You may submit Form DS-5504 by mail


  Asking Questions

How long does it take to go through the application process in the Passport Hub Center?

If you have completed all necessary forms and have the required documentation, fees (checks and/or money orders) and approved passport photo ready, you can expect an average of 15 minutes to complete the process! (An additional 10 minutes should be added if we are providing photo services for you.) Please allot approximately 30 minutes for your overall appointment time; if you have a large group of applicants, expect an hour or more for processing.

Please note: Applicants who are 30 minutes late to a requested appointment will need to be rescheduled for a later date. Please be on time!

Can I take my passport photo onsite?

Yes, we can take photos onsite that follow passport application regulations. We recommend that applicants review the U.S. Passports website guidelines in preparation for your appointment.

How long does it take to receive my passport book/card? Are they sent together?

Regular shipping takes 6–8 weeks to process. Expedited shipping takes 2–3 weeks, with a required $60 fee. An overnight rush shipping option is also available for an additional $15.45. The passport book/card will be sent to the mailing address you provided on your application.

The passport book is sent separately from the passport card; original documents (i.e. birth certificate, marriage license, court documentation) are also returned separately.

I want to get a passport for my child[ren]... What do I need?

A minor applicant is considered anyone under the age of 16. The minor child[ren] applicant(s) must be present at the appointment.

If both parents are listed on the child[ren]'s birth certificate, then:

  1. both parents must be present during the appointment. If either parent cannot be present, a notarized Form DS-3053 or proof of full legal custody must be provided.
  2. both parents must provide primary identification (i.e. state identification card or consular, passport from another issuing country, etc.). A proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate, previously issued U.S. passport book/card, or parents' certificate of naturalization) is required for all applicants. If a parent has a recorded name change (marriage license or court documentation), please provide proof at the appointment.

When is the best time to visit the Passport Hub Center?

Our hours are listed above; Saturdays are currently our busiest days. For your convenience, you are welcome to make an appointment online to save time. If you need assistance with scheduling, you may call our office at 310-243-2570 and we can help you.

Please be aware that we expect to be very busy when people are preparing for peak travel times (holidays, vacations, international events and celebrations, etc.) — please plan ahead!

What if I have questions for the State Department?

Visit the U.S. Department of State's website, call their customer service line at 877.487.2778, call our office at 310.243.2570, or email


[   Download Adobe Reader Free ]

Follow Us on Instagram:

Like Us on Facebook:

Check out CSUDH Passport Processing Center on Yelp!