"Explore the World, Enhance your Knowledge, & Understand Another Culture"
Spend time studying in a foreign country while enrolled at CSUDH. Immerse yourself in the culture, history, and academic-life of a new culture while making progress toward your degree.
Study Abroad programs are offered in many different countries. The International Education Center has a number of resources to help you begin investigating your study abroad options.
California State University at Dominguez Hills offers multiple study abroad opportunities.
CSU International Programs (IP)
• IP is the overseas study program of the CSU system, affiliated with over 70 institutions of higher learning in 17 countries.
• Full academic year programs in a variety of majors, with articulation with CSUDH courses and most majors.
• Students pay CSU fees, plus travel and living expenses.
• CSUDH financial aid is fully applicable to IP study programs.
• Most programs require a 2.75 GPA, but some require a 3.00 GPA. Students need two faculty recommendations and, when appropriate, foreign language ability.
• Application deadline for most countries is February 1. Applications are available in the IEC office begining Octobor of each year.
• Learn language programs are available in France, Germany, and Mexico.
IP offers courses in the following 17 countries:
• New Zealand
• United Kingdom
University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC)
Based at the University of Nevada, USAC offers programs in 25 countries with many locations unique for study abroad. Students from any university are welcome to participate on USAC programs; students from more than 800 universities around the world have studied with USAC over its thirty-year+ history.
Current program locations: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Thailand and Turkey.
Program terms: USAC offers semester and yearlong programs, as well as short-term programs in January and during the summer (available terms will vary by location)
Programs of study:
• Language studies: For those students who want to fast-track their language studies, USAC programs allow you to complete up to four semesters of language in one semester abroad!
• Non-language studies: USAC’s programs offer many courses besides language courses—including business, liberal arts, engineering, social sciences, and science—all taught in English. In other words, don’t let a language barrier stop you.
· Students pay USAC tuition, plus travel and living expenses abroad
· Students should have a 2.50 GPA and be in good academic standing. Some programs require a 3.00 GPA. Students will be admitted on a "first-come, first-served" basis.
· CSUDH financial aid is fully applicable
Additional Consortial Overseas Studies Opportunities
CSUDH campus-based Overseas Programs
CSU Sister Campus Overseas Study Programs
• Many CSU campuses offer semester and summer study abroad programs in a number of countries
• CSUDH students may register as visitors at sister campuses, enroll in these programs, and receive transferable credit.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
International Education Center
1000 E.Victoria Street, Carson, CA 90747
Small College Complex, SCC 136A
Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-5:00pm