Permission Numbers

During the Registration Period

Students may be unable to register for a class if the prerequisites have not been met and/or if departmental consent is required.  Only if a student has met all the prerequisites and still cannot register for a course during the registration period, the student should then request a Permission Number (PN). These numbers do not, however, override the enrollment limit for classes. If the restricted class is full, students may select another class (and obtain another PN) or join the wait list for the class using the PN. Use the Class Number and the Permission Number to add the class. Permission Numbers expire on the last day of registration. PNs can only be used once. Each department closely monitors the distribution of PNs.

  • Request a Permission Number by Email

CBAPP students must request Permission Numbers via email. Send an email with the required information as stated below. Failure to submit all required information will void the request. Depending on the number of requests, students can expect to wait 5-8 business days for a response. Please do not send multiple emails.

Criminal Justice
  • Required Information
    • Your Full Name 
    • Your Student ID#
    • Your Major 
    • Course Name/Section Number
  • Example
    • John Smith
    • Student ID# 201234567
    • Major: Business Administration-Human Resources
    • MGT 490-03


After the Registration Period

Students trying to add a class after the registration period must request a permission number from the instructor of the course.

View the registration period for the current semester on the Academic Calendar.

View the CSUDH Waiting List and Permission Number Policy here.


MGT 490 Students

All business students must request a permission number prior to registering for MGT 490. Follow the instructions above to request a permission number.

Prerequisites for MGT 490: Completion of all business core courses; BUS 445 may be taken concurrently (priority will be given to graduating seniors).


Permission Number needed


Transfer Students

When requesting Permission Numbers, please include unofficial transcripts if your academic information has not posted to MyCSUDH.


Pre-Majors who have completed all of the lower division prerequisites should immediately submit the Declare/Change of Major/Minor form to officially declare their major in the College of Business Administration and Public Policy. Not filing the form can impact a student's ability to register for courses. Pre-Majors may visit the CBAPP Undergraduate Advisement Center in SBS A-319 to complete the form.


If you need further assistance, please call the CBAPP Undergraduate Advisement Center (310)243-3561.

[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader]