“Innovative and Forward-Thinking Economics Research and Teaching”
The Economics Institute at CSUDH aims to lead the South Bay region with innovative and forward-thinking economics education and research. The Economics Institute serves the College of Business Administration and Public Policy faculty and students, as well as community stakeholders by:
- Developing CSUDH economics curriculum and teaching while incorporating proven high-impact practices;
- Engaging our diverse student body in economic analysis projects through mentoring programs, guest speakers, and community outreach opportunities; and
- Facilitating faculty development through economics research resources, grant writing deliverables, and local business and government community engagement.
The Economics Institute sees the following future:
- An Economics Major developed at CSUDH;
- Student Fellows conducting meaningful and innovative economics research with faculty mentorship, and being prepared for graduate school and careers in the field;
- A self-sustainable business model based on external grants, certificate programs, and community engagement events; and
- Faculty engaging in respected economics research which is grounded in the Dominguez Hills community and published in high-level journals.
| || |
Fynnwin Prager, Ph.D.
Jose N. Martinez, Ph.D.