Online Career Resources
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Free here. ]
- CSUDH Career Manual [PDF] - This manual contains advice on topics related to choosing a career, job search, and graduate school. Resume samples are also provided.
- What Can I Do with This Major? - Learn what career paths are available to you based on your major.
- Focus 2 - Use this computer-assisted career guidance program to examine your interests, learn your Holland Code, gather information about careers, and research graduate school information. New Focus 2 Users: Your access code is ToroJobs.
- Interview Stream - Innovative software that allows you to improve your interviewing skills through virtual mock interviews. Webcams and private interview space are available at the Career Center.
- ToroJobs - A jobsite for CSUDH students with full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer, on-campus work study, and study assistant positions.
- Career Spots – Video clips on what students need to know BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the job search and interviews.
- Streaming videos on these workshop topics:
- What Employers Want from You at Job Fair – A quick 5 minute video offers advice on what to say and what to wear from four employers who frequently recruit at CSUDH job fairs
Career Library Resources -- WH 360
The Career Center's Career Library offers many career and employment print and online resources, with information about careers, majors, graduate schools, job search, and job opportunities. Some of our print resources include:
- Graduate School Search Handbook: Contains information to assist in preparing and applying to graduate or professional school.
- Career Manual: A self-help guide published by the Career Center which covers topics such as Resume Writing, Interviewing, Negotiating Salary, and Conducting a Successful Job Search.
- Job Choices: A career and job search magazine, available to our students for free.
- Los Angeles Business Journal and other trade publications.
The Career Library has six computers for your use which are available during office hours for resume writing, career research, and job search.