Career and Employment Workshops
[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here.]
The following is a list of Career and Employment workshops offered throughout the year. To sign up for a workshop, log into ToroJobs and go to the Career & Workshops tab at the top. You will be able to view and sign up for the events below. Click on the "Career Events and Workshops" tab at the top of the page to search for each workshop by date.
Workshop Locations: All workshops are held in the Career Center, Welch Hall Room 360, unless otherwise noted.
Career Planning Workshops & Panels
- Choosing a Major, Choosing a Career
- Graduate School Preparation
- Taking the GRE
- Law School Preparation
- Writing a Winning Resume
- Ace Your Interview
- Job Search Success
- Getting the Internship You Want
- Personal Branding
- Get "LinkedIn"
Senior Success Series
Graduating? Looking for a career position or internship? In a challenged job market, preparation is key. Here are four "must have's" for your job search toolkit.
- Job Search Success Workshop
- Writing a Winning Resume Workshop
- Ace Your Interview Workshop
- Record a practice interview on Interview Stream and schedule a counselor review.
Invest five hours in your future to help you get the job you want after you graduate! Career services are available for free for six months following graduation. After the grace period, fees apply.
Spring 2016 Workshops
All workshops will be held at the Career Center Workshop Room (Welch Hall 360) unless otherwise specified.
- Getting the Internship You Want: Monday 2/1 (12pm-1pm)
- Choosing a Major: Thursday 2/4 (12pm-1pm)
- How to Get an Internship with a Competitive Company: Thursday 2/4 (1pm-2pm, LSU 324/325)
- Unlocking Your Authentic Career TEDTalk: Thursday 2/4 (4pm-5pm)
- Professionalism in the Workplace: Monday 2/8 (11am-12pm)
- Personal Branding-Stand Out from the Crowd: Tuesday 2/9 (2:30pm-3:30pm)
- Drive-thru Resume Critiques: Tuesday 2/16 (12pm-1pm, LSU Vendor Walkway)
- Get "LinkedIn": Wednesday 2/17 (1pm-2:30pm)
- Ace Your Interview!: Thursday 2/18 (12pm-1pm)
- Networking for the Networking Adverse TEDTalk: Thursday 2/18 (4pm-5pm)
- Write a Winning Resume: Monday 2/22 (3:30pm-4:30pm)
- Preparing for the Job Fair Workshop: Monday 2/22 (3:30pm-4:30pm, TBD)
- Job Search Success: Thursday 2/25 (1:30pm-2:30pm)
- Building a Resume from Scratch: Tuesday 3/1 (2pm-3pm)
- Rediscovering Personal Networking TEDTalk: Thursday 3/3 (4pm-5pm)
- Resume Writing for Teachers: Monday 3/7 (4pm-5pm)
- Interviewing Skills for Teachers: Tuesday 3/8 (3:30pm-4:30pm)
- On the Spot Interviews!: Tuesday 3/8 (12pm-1pm, LSU Vendor Walkway)
- What Can I Do with This Major?: Wednesday 3/9 (12:30pm-1:30pm)
- Prepping for the Education Fair: Wednesday 3/9 (3:45pm-4:45pm)
- Getting the Internship You Want: Thursday 3/17 (3pm-4pm)
- Personal Branding-Stand Out from the Crowd: Monday 3/21 (1:30pm-2:30pm)
- Ace Your Interview!: Tuesday 4/5 (11:30am-12:30pm)
- One Minute Commercials: Mastering your Elevator Pitch: Tuesday 4/5 (12pm-1pm, LSU Vendor Walkway)
- Writing a Winning Resume: Monday 4/11 (1:30pm-2:30pm)
- Job Search Success: Wednesday 4/13 (4pm-5pm)
- Get "LinkedIn": Thursday 4/21 (2:30pm-4pm)
- Becoming Your Own Head Hunter: Job Search Tips & More!: Tuesday 4/26 (12pm-1pm, LSU Vendor Walkway)
- Professionalism in the Workplace: Tuesday 4/26 (3:30pm-4:30pm)
- Building a Resume from Scratch: Wednesday 5/4 (12pm-1pm)