The Student Success Fee, authorized by Chancellor White in spring 2014, provides critical resources to assist in improving student graduation and success.
The approved fee is being implemented over five academic years beginning in spring 2015 at a semester term rate of $35, with incremental increases of $35 per term through fall 2018. Beginning fall 2018 and remaining constant thereafter the Student Success Fees semester term rate will be $280, or $560 per academic year.
The fee allows the university to invest in support of activities, faculty, staff, equipment and facilities that directly impact CSUDH students. The following are examples of some of the priorities identified by students, faculty and staff for use of these funds:
- Upgraded classrooms, laboratories, equipment and other instructional space
- Increased course offerings to facilitate graduation
- Additional academic advisors
- Additional faculty to expand and support programs and course offerings
- Expanded tutoring hours & subjects covered
- Increased service-learning & civic engagement opportunities
- Increased joint student faculty research opportunities
- Improved library resources including student access to e-resources and e-learning
- Strengthened career development services for students
- Enhanced graduate school preparation
- Increased student internships, domestic and international
- Additional staff to increase student support services such as veteran’s programs, women’s resource center, diversity programs, etc.
- Upgraded computer labs, software and IT support
- Increased funding for intercollegiate athletics
- Enhanced student leadership development programs
Transparency and Accountability
Transparency and accountability are key attributes in the allocation and use of CSUDH student success fee revenue.
- Recommendations on student success fee allocations are made annually to the President by the University Budget Committee. In order to assist in providing broader student representation in the recommended allocation of these funds, two additional student representatives were added to the University Budget committee, including one graduate student. All actions taken by the University Budget Committee and the President, including actions related to student success fee recommendations and allocations are reported to the campus on the University Budget Committee website.
- The CSUDH Student Fee Advisory Committee assists in monitoring use of all student fees, including student success fee resources. Annually, the student fee advisory committee reviews projected and actual student fee revenue, evaluates proposals, and recommends adjustments to new student fees to the President. The Student Fee Advisory Committee is comprised of seven students appointed by the ASI President and six additional at-large members selected from faculty, staff, and administrators. New and adjusted fees are published online on the University’s student financial services website for implementation the following fall semester or later.
Student Success Accountability Reports
Executive Order 1094 - CSUDH Student Success Fee
Proposed Student Success Fee - Archives