Career Services for CSUDH Alumni
Yesterday's Students. Today's Leaders.
The staff in the CSU Dominguez Hills Career Center offers career counseling and employment services to help alumni achieve their professional goals. Listed below are some of the career services offered to CSUDH alumni. For additional information, contact the office at (310) 243-3635 or visit the Career Center web site.
“Alumni” are defined as individuals who:
- Have completed a degree or credential program at CSUDH.
- You will be asked to provide proof of alumni status—a copy of your CSUDH transcripts, CSUDH Alumni Association card, or copy of your diploma are all acceptable.
Alumni and students from other CSU campuses are also eligible for selected services. See the Reciprocal Services section for additional information.
- Initial consultation appointment regarding services available, scheduled with a counselor; subsequent reviews are part of the $60.00 service package below.
- Invitations to Job Fairs, Graduate School Fair and employer networking events.
- Eligible for participation in Campus Interview Preparation seminar, prior to signing up for on-campus interviews.
- Access to jobs on-line via ToroJobs and other job and career information sites linked to the Career Center web page.
- Access to print and video resources in the Career Center library.
Fee Based Services
The Career Center offers the following services at the reasonable rate of $60 for six months.
- A series of three one hour individual career counseling sessions, along with a free initial consultation.
- The use of various career assessment instruments as prescribed by the counselor.
- Access to the computer-assisted career guidance programs of the office, including the "Choices" program.
- Resume and Personal Statement critique services—alumni may drop off their resume or personal statement for review by a counselor who will proof it and provide feedback. Resumes will be ready the next business day for pick-up; personal statements require two business days.
- Email announcements about career events, hot jobs, and other employment news.
- Participation in Career and Employment Workshops—a variety of workshop topics are offered on a year-round basis: weekdays and evenings.
- Participation in Resume Clinics as scheduled.
- Participation in the On-Campus Interview Program—attendance at the required Campus Interview Preparation Seminar is free.
- Use of Drop-in hours for fifteen minute consults.