Submitting Your Foreign Transcripts (Academic Records)

A transcript is a record of a student's history and performance at a particular academic institution. In other countries, these documents may be called by different names (Leaving Certificate, Maturity Certificate, Bachillerato, Baccalauréat, etc.).

Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require an official course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a NACES certified transcript evaluation service verifying the academic level of coursework and/or the degree equivalency to that of a regionally accredited institution within the USA. The course-by-course evaluation report or the detail report and the transcripts must be sent by the evaluation service directly to the Office of Admissions.

Transcript Evaluation Services

For your convenience, we have provided the contact information for four evaluation services that can provide this service to you.

What Transcripts You Need to Send to CSU Dominguez Hills


Freshmen applicants (with no college/university level course work completed) need to have their official high school/secondary school transcripts and diplomas sent.

Transfer Applicants

Transfer applicants need to have BOTH official high school/secondary school AND official college/university records sent for all schools previously attended.

U.S. Community College Transfer Applicants

U.S. Community College Transfer applicants (with more than two years of post-secondary, college/university level work with a minimum of sixty 60 transferable semester units and a cumulative minimum 2.4 GPA) generally need to have only official college/university transcripts and diplomas/certificates sent. Included in the required sixty (60) transferable units must have classes in both college English and math with a "C" grade or better.

Graduate Applicants

Graduate applicants need to have official college/university transcripts and diplomas/certificates sent from each college/university attended.

How to Submit Your Transcripts

Official documents must be mailed in a sealed (unopened) envelope directly to CSUDH by the academic institution in question. If your institution will not mail original documents, exact copies that have been certified as such by the appropriate officials should be sent directly to CSUDH in a sealed (unopened) envelope. Official documents should be mailed to the following address:

CSU Dominguez Hills
Admissions Office
1000 East Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747

Additional Information on Transcripts

  • If official academic records are not in English, official English translations of all transcripts and supporting educational documents must also be submitted. Translations must be word-for-word (i.e. literal) translations.
  • Educational documents must show the complete record of courses completed thus far. Partial records or excerpts are not acceptable. The Admissions Office will require final grades, marks, exam certificates, etc. prior to determining admission.
  • It is very important that your academic records and examination scores be sent as early as possible. The campus review of your application cannot begin until all of your academic records are received.
  • Transfer and graduate level applicants from India and Pakistan must submit individual mark sheets for each term completed. Consolidated statements will not be accepted.