ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE MADE AFFORDABLE
Your CSU Dominguez Hills education is an exceptional value and a smart investment in your future. Ranked among the nation’s top 10 most affordable universities by the U.S. Department of Education, CSUDH offers tuition well below the national average for state universities. Here you’ll find a breakdown of educational fees and estimated expenses for the academic year for undergraduate students. We also encourage you to explore our financial aid and scholarship options designed to make your CSUDH education even more affordable.
2014-2015 Annual Undergraduate University Fees for a Full-Time Student
- State university fees for California residents: $5,472
- Other campus-based fees: $662
- Total: $6,134 per academic year
Based on 24 units per year.
2014-2015 Annual Undergraduate University Fees for a Part-time Student
- State university fees for California residents: $3,174
- Other campus-based fees: $662
- Total: $3,836 per academic year
2014-2015 campus-based fees include implementation of the new Student Success Fee beginning Spring 2015. Detailed cost information can be found on the Student Financial Services website.
If you are planning to live in CSUDH housing, the average cost per year is $10,733 for room and meals. Visit our University Housing Services website for more information.
Other Indirect Costs to Consider
As a student at CSUDH, you will need to budget for other costs such as books, transportation to and from campus, and personal expenses. The Financial Aid Office provides sample budgets that estimate these direct and estimated costs for students. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Costs for Other Students
- Detailed cost information can be found on the Student Financial Services website.
- Non-California resident fee for both graduate and undergraduate students is $372 per unit in addition to the university fees listed above.
- Foreign Visa Student fee for both graduate and undergraduate students is $372 per unit in addition to the university fees listed above. More information on financial costs for international students is available on our website here.
- Teaching Credential Student:
Full-time = $6,971 (includes $623 in campus-based fees)
Part-time = $4,307 (includes $623 in campus-based fees)
- Graduate Students:
Full-time = $7,361 (includes $623 in campus-based fees)
Part-time = $4,529 (includes $623 in campus-based fees)
- Graduate Business Professional Fee: $254 per unit. This is in addition to the university fees for the MBA.
- Nursing students pay a reduced Student Center fee of $43 for the fall and spring term. Nursing students do not pay a Health Services fee.
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.