Getting an Early Start makes sense.
The Early Start Program is a requirement for students who don’t meet English Placement Test (EPT) and/or Entry Level Math (ELM) proficiency requirements. But more than that, Early Start is an excellent opportunity to build the academic skills you’ll need to succeed in class, on campus and as you work toward your degree.
As an Early Start participant, you’ll benefit from:
- Knowing early on whether your ELM/EPT or other test scores fall below proficiency requirements so you can do something about it.
- The opportunity to take the English and/or math courses you’d have to take anyway, at a much lower per-unit cost.
- The chance to get familiar with the CSUDH campus, faculty and staff before the semester begins.
- Friendships and connections made with other Early Start students in similar circumstances.
- Added confidence that comes with building your academic and study skills before you start your freshman semester.
- A smoother transition to university life and the CSUDH experience.
- Available financial aid including a fee waiver for students who apply and qualify.
- A better chance at finishing your degree on time, and graduating from CSUDH with your classmates.