APPLICATION CRITERIA & APPEALS
Admissions criteria is found on our Future Students website. To find out your admissions criteria, click on the appropriate link below:
CSU Dominguez Hills reviews each applicant’s record thoroughly during the admissions process. The admissions decision is based on objective data: each applicant's self-reported academic qualifications on the Application for admission, official transcripts, and test scores.
You may appeal your admission denial if you believe your academic or personal circumstances could not be considered adequately through the standard admission review process or if an error occurred in the application review. If you believe you have been denied admission in error, you must submit a written appeal within fifteen days of receipt of your denial letter (this timeline is based on Assembly Bill 670, Section 89030.7).
Submitting your appeal
- A written statement from the applicant which clearly and concisely states the reason for appeal
- If submitting additional information or new information to be considered, the statement should include an explanation of why the additional information was not available at the time of application
- For freshmen applicants, if the basis of appeal involves an incorrectly reported test score, please submit official test scores along with the appeal packet. Unofficial test scores will not be reviewed for admission consideration.
- Any supporting documents, such as medical records or letters from a school counselor, must be sent as part of the appeal packet. Supporting documents submitted without an appeal letter are not considered an admission appeal and will not be reviewed or held for future consideration.
- Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- All documents should be submitted together in one packet. If the appeal includes a letter only, without supporting documentation or academic records, it will be assumed that the packet is complete and the appeal will be reviewed based only on the information included in the letter.
- All documents submitted as part of the appeal will not be returned to the applicant.
- Only one appeal may be submitted per semester.
You may submit your Admission Appeal Packet to:
CSUDH Office of Admissions and Records
Attn: Admission Decision Appeal Committee
1000 East Victoria Street WH- C290
Carson, CA 90747
Appeals will be reviewed within two weeks of submission and notification of the decision will be sent by mail.
Additional questions? Please contact us today.